Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, pretty much every manager fails. They just get a massive golden handshake when they do which imho is what Poch does.

Lucked into one of the best sides in the last decade and has been dining out on it ever since. Him and Chelski are a match made in heaven.
How did he luck into one of the best sides?
I don't much like the man anymore but whenever someone says that I can't help but think what utter bollox

He made that spurs team, through coaching and through some clever purchases. It's like dembele for example, mostly average to garbage under avb but under Poch and revelation, like many others.
I'm enjoying seeing him fail but don't pretend he didn't build this club to a new level. He lucked into fack all, except harry kane
You mutants can disagree all u want with the truth

jFzdcS.gif

Last edited:
To be fair, pretty much every manager fails. They just get a massive golden handshake when they do which imho is what Poch does.

Lucked into one of the best sides in the last decade and has been dining out on it ever since. Him and Chelski are a match made in heaven.
He lucked into a great team but actually fell short at every single opportunity. To me, he actually failed when most people thought he was at his best.
To be fair to him, I think he wanted out when he got sacked.

Klopp is doing it right. Leave while he's absolutely adored.

Not long. Tŕaitor.

The Chelsea fans chanted against co-owner Todd Boehly, sang Jose Mourinho's name and then turned on their manager with three damning words: "**** off Mauricio".

The most deranged fanbase on the planet. But i want them to take that clown back, he will eradicate their club once and for all.

He lucked into a great team but actually fell short at every single opportunity. To me, he actually failed when most people thought he was at his best.

And like him or not, and I don’t, he won things

Agree with much of this. Failed is maybe too strong, but he absolutely fell short

Put it this way. I think Ferguson, Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho, and a few others of the last twenty years or so, take that group of Eriksen, Alli, Kane, Son et al, to trophies. No doubt all.

I think if the traitor loses to Newcastle Monday week, and if the fans get hostile, he is done. If not then, it will need to be an FA Cup win or top 6, both of which looks unlikely.

Pochettino done no better than Potter.

He's definitely gone at the end of the season.

I wonder where he goes from here, I feel like he could go to Italy and manage one of the big clubs there.

The only other types of clubs I could see him being at are like Dortmund or Atletico. I actually thought he could've done alright at Real Madrid before but that ship has probably sailed now.

He was never going to fit in at Chelsea. He isn't right for them and they are not right for him. But ultimately any manager will struggle there simply because they wasted so much money on "good" players. On their day they're a good team. Not great. Absolutely nowhere near world-class. Those days where they had winners all over the pitch in the likes of Cech, Terry, Carvalho, Makelele, Ballack and Drogba etc, and were an absolute force, are long gone.

He's definitely gone at the end of the season.

I wonder where he goes from here, I feel like he could go to Italy and manage one of the big clubs there.

The only other types of clubs I could see him being at are like Dortmund or Atletico. I actually thought he could've done alright at Real Madrid before but that ship has probably sailed now.
Based on?

Back
Top Bottom