Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some interesting insight here:
http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2015...r-united-tactics-high-press-tottenham-hotspur

Fits with our struggles to find midfield pairings with enough steel to cut up the opposition.

The idea is there, but Pochettino's hamstring by squad limitations for now.
Not too sure about that as many of our goals conceded have come not from pressing and not getting the ball but by giving the ball away. Some have come from set pieces.
So, exactly how many goals have we conceded by pressing for the ball, not winning it and allowing the opposition to break the first line and score?
Chelsea 3 goals one came directly from a corner to us and a throw by their keeper. The other by giving the ball away, the 3rd from a set piece.
Concede v Arse when not pressing, but scored whilst.
Everton goal was not concede by losing the press.
Palace Gayle pen that never was, 2nd by giving away possession, failing to clear the cross and giving way possession again on the D.

that's 7 goals I can think off the top of my head that have not been conceded because we pressed too high and hard and failed to win the ball leaving space for the counter.

I would love for the article's write to explain what goals and how many of them.

We need a new smiley.
When Poch listens to questions he sometimes gets a squinty almost "what the fuck" look on his face.

Who do I speak to about this?

28c0y00.png

This one.
Sorry I had to do it with paint at work.
It's almost a "not sure if serious" face

"Foe Goose" is absolutely my favourite Pochettinoism.

Love the guy, love the work he's done with our players, love the fact that he does (at least some of) the club correspondence PR first hand rather than stamping a signature or having it all pre-done.

Hope he continues to improve himself as a coach and the team as it's starting to feel like we have finally found the "right guy"

He comes over as a genuine guy. His reactions after both goals today were wonderful to behold. I hope that people give him a decent chance to mould his team his way - seems to be working, so far!

Back
Top Bottom