Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean after all the furore of the tight spot our fans, manager and players found ourselves in this week I'm pretty sure it should be straightforward to say you hope your direct rivals lose. I mean, it's a given right? Bet nobody goes after Poch for this though.

If he really can't hope for us to lose so he can take direct advantage for his own team then that's surely not going to go down with the Chav fanbase?

todd1882 todd1882 's gonna be fuming.
I'm "gonna be fuming" because the man just showed more class toward us than treacherous cunts showed toward him since his leaving? This is exactly how I'd expect the man to behave...it's part of why I like him...along with the lemons...and the diamond.

Me on the other hand...I like just deserts!!!!! But let's be honest, he's already won this battle irrespective of what happens on Sunday. The fact that they have a real chance of overtaking us on the season satisfies that and will feel like Woolwich pipping us after the Newcastle loss (which would also portend an expensive, last minute xfer from Sheffield ;)).

So you should be concerning yourself with the broader war and our respective prospects therein. Because if Ange doesn't turn things around that will be the white flag raised on another bad decision from your boy DL...when he had the op to make a better decision.

I'm "gonna be fuming" because the man just showed more class toward us than treacherous cunts showed toward him since his leaving? This is exactly how I'd expect the man to behave...it's part of why I like him...along with the lemons...and the diamond.

Me on the other hand...I like just deserts!!!!! But let's be honest, he's already won this battle irrespective of what happens on Sunday. The fact that they have a real chance of overtaking us on the season satisfies that and will feel like Woolwich pipping us after the Newcastle loss (which would also portend an expensive, last minute xfer from Sheffield ;)).

So you should be concerning yourself with the broader war and our respective prospects therein. Because if Ange doesn't turn things around that will be the white flag raised on another bad decision from your boy DL...when he had the op to make a better decision.

Remind me, who was the loser coach getting pipped by Arse in the Newcastle game?

:pochsmirk:

Remind me, who was the loser coach getting pipped by Arse in the Newcastle game?

:pochsmirk:
Congrats, BC...you've realized that it's topical!!!! But furthermore, it's the coach that has his team on the up and looking to end with 5/6 wins and 16/18 pts...not to mention the coach whose star player has said...

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1cswm3r/fabrizio_romano_cole_palmer_all_credit_to_the/

...man, things are looking up in Pochworld...as they did AFTER that horrific Newcastle loss.

Congrats, BC...you've realized that it's topical!!!! But furthermore, it's the coach that has his team on the up and looking to end with 5/6 wins and 16/18 pts...not to mention the coach whose star player has said...

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1cswm3r/fabrizio_romano_cole_palmer_all_credit_to_the/

...man, things are looking up in Pochworld...as they did AFTER that horrific Newcastle loss.

And he then gradually regressed to the mean until sacked.

Still, if he gets his billion pound squad to finish level on points with the elite powerhouse squad Ange’s has been working with (having sold the striker that kept Poch in a job for his last couple of years) that’ll be amazing.

I'd really like them to have a calamity on the final day and part ways with Poch, because their crap start to the season and upward trajectory to end it is annoyingly reminiscent of the beginning of his tenure with us.

They could be in for a decent couple of seasons at this rate.
Been saying for a while that they are much stronger than they have appeared to be. Will be much better next season.

Still, if he gets his billion pound squad to finish level on points with the elite powerhouse squad Ange’s has been working with (having sold the striker that kept Poch in a job for his last couple of years) that’ll be amazing.
Monty Python Movie GIF

Chelsea fans must hate Pochettino the amount of times he still praises Tottenham. It is like when we had Mourinho and he still praised Chelsea.
Ange isnt fit to spit shine Pochettinos shoes. Hes slowly turning Chelsea into a well oilel athletic and well Drilled machine. In a couple of seasons theyll be right back up there only with Poch itll be a dynasty not a 1 season wonder like most managers that pass through that club.

We had it all.
Only 5% of fans on here wanted Poch when we signed him ten years ago. We have to wait until the end of next season with Ange to see if he will progress more than Poch or not.

Oops, he did it again...

View: https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1cu8rr8/cole_palmer_voted_premier_league_young_player_of/

...so instead of saying "sure, make that awesome Kulusevski dude permanent...he's World Class", Poch said "get me that awesome Cold Palmer...be good to experience what it feels like to spend the cash to get a top young talent instead of all the turds that came through my previous academy or the rat shit chancers brought in by xfer by that penny-pinching chairman at my prev post".

Starting to feel familiar, BC...which means he's gonna bottle the league next season!

Chelsea looking good now. But they had a purple patch with Potter as well I think and it turned sour.

If Poch and Chelsea are on fire next season and we're struggling then Baldy is going to be sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage. Could be a difficult atmosphere at home games after the 6% price rise.

Chelsea looking good now. But they had a purple patch with Potter as well I think and it turned sour.

If Poch and Chelsea are on fire next season and we're struggling then Baldy is going to be sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage. Could be a difficult atmosphere at home games after the 6% price rise.
Good point...however, Chelsea's stats have looked good all season but since Boxing Day the results have matched. Also, somewhat of a stretch to call half a season a "purple patch".

They’ve spent a billion all funded via external investment. We soent fuck all for ten years and more recently have spent what we generated organically.

Chalk and cheese, pauper and the prince - like comparing Luton with City.
Hmmmmmm and who’s fucked with FFP/PSR? 🤔

I don’t think you should be holding up Chelsea as an example of how to run a football club in 2024! 😂

Hmmmmmm and who’s fucked with FFP/PSR? 🤔

I don’t think you should be holding up Chelsea as an example of how to run a football club in 2024! 😂
Not saying they are perfect, just saying they have ambitious owners prepared to move them on however they can.

We are risk averse, middle aged libdem voting church goer from the suburbs, who holidays in Devon every year and puts all their money into a pension. Sick of the bald cunt, hate him

Would say I feel sorry for him if it had happened at pretty much any other team.

But he knew exactly what he was getting himself into going to that disgusting basket-case of a club.

He'll probably do ok, and his reputation is pretty much in-tact. But surely it wasn't worth it to totally burn bridges with us for one mediocre season?

Back
Top Bottom