Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What utter shite.
The agenda is very strong to unsettle us. Conte signing an extension because it's not good for the Sky setup to think he may be leaving. So let's make big news of some red top bullshit from Italy instead...cos it's only Spurs after all. Fucking rubbish.

It's just annoying now. Pochettino has never given any impression he wants to leave (for a while, anyway), and whenever asked about being linked with other clubs he always gives very rational reasons for why it's not going to happen (for a while, anyway). So tired of the media seemingly using us as a game of Football Manager every summer and saying over and over where all our players and staff would be better off.

I think all Spurs fans can accept he's going to go one day, but not being able to just enjoy it while he's here and actually in charge of us pisses me off. I suppose it does make a change from the press constantly saying our manager is about to be sacked, though!

It's just annoying now. Pochettino has never given any impression he wants to leave (for a while, anyway), and whenever asked about being linked with other clubs he always gives very rational reasons for why it's not going to happen (for a while, anyway). So tired of the media seemingly using us as a game of Football Manager every summer and saying over and over where all our players and staff would be better off.

I think all Spurs fans can accept he's going to go one day, but not being able to just enjoy it while he's here and actually in charge of us pisses me off. I suppose it does make a change from the press constantly saying our manager is about to be sacked, though!

As ever, the celebrity managers and their war-chests will be wanked over at our (and the rest of football's) expense.

We have a shit-storm of a summer ahead on this front, more-so than ever... Buckle up!

It's quite amazing how the press still insists on this subject. Poch has been sooooo fucking clear about not wanting to leave and not leaving. He's not saying "I really like it here but you can never tell the future" bullshit people do when they want to leave a door open for whatever the reason.

I think the only version of him not leaving and not WANTING to leave he hasn't said is "Fuck you all, I'm staying here and this is the last fucking time I talk about this".

C_80KOQV0AEsawP.jpg:large

To be fair, Levy deserves a lot of the credit for this as well, but this fact should be what pushes Poch to win Manager of the Year. Sure, Conte has been able to resurrect the chavs after last year, but with that money it should be an expectation.

In terms of pure management of a given squad, this might be one of the most decisive arguments as to who deserves it.

On one hand i'm pretty smug about our wage bill, on the other it worries me that we're not paying players what they might get somewhere else. Saying that i'm willing to take a couple of casualties to maintain our ethos of no 'big time Charlie's' as I think this is crucial... This inter story is fabricated from a news outlet directly profiting from changes in betting odds. They run a story, slash odds, drag in tons of money then it comes to nothing, easy money. It's like the libor rates all over again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pochettino: &quot;I will stay here, do not worry. On the third of July for pre-season you will see. I will stay here.&quot; <a href="News about #THFC on Twitter">#THFC</a></p>&mdash; Hotspur Related (@HotspurRelated) <a href="">17 May 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Today's presser...

Press drone: "So, all us media cunts are trying our best to destabalise your team, sell all your players and link you to all the managerial jobs under the sun. Where are you going then?"

Poch: "I will be here next season."

Clickbait headlines: "Poch refuses to commit long-term to spurs, leaving them with the prospect of moving into their new stadium with no manager, no players, and only one stick of celery in the canteen."

Is there anyway you can do a "send to all" for Sky, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Mirror, etc

Tottenham: Mauricio Pochettino says he is staying at the club

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he is committed to staying at the club and has denied reports of a buy-out clause in his contract.

The 45-year-old Argentine has been in charge at Spurs since joining from Southampton in May 2014 on a five-year deal.

In May of last year he signed a contract extension which commits him to the club until 2021.

"There are many rumours, but I am committed with the club," he said.

"There is no reason to leave. I will be here for pre-season. There is no buy-out clause in my contract, I will stay here next season."

Earlier in the season, speculation grew that Pochettino was being considered for the soon-to-be vacant manager's job at Barcelona after he met with the club's president.

However, ex-Espanyol coach Pochettino later said the position would be "impossible" for him to take.

"I'm an Espanyol supporter - I think then I don't need to speak too much," he said, highlighting the rivalry with city neighbours Barca.

Spurs, who on Sunday played their final game at White Hart Lane, are guaranteed to finish second in the Premier League this season, their highest finish since 1963.

Is there anyway you can do a "send to all" for Sky, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Mirror, etc

Tottenham: Mauricio Pochettino says he is staying at the club

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he is committed to staying at the club and has denied reports of a buy-out clause in his contract.

The 45-year-old Argentine has been in charge at Spurs since joining from Southampton in May 2014 on a five-year deal.

In May of last year he signed a contract extension which commits him to the club until 2021.

"There are many rumours, but I am committed with the club," he said.

"There is no reason to leave. I will be here for pre-season. There is no buy-out clause in my contract, I will stay here next season."

Earlier in the season, speculation grew that Pochettino was being considered for the soon-to-be vacant manager's job at Barcelona after he met with the club's president.

However, ex-Espanyol coach Pochettino later said the position would be "impossible" for him to take.

"I'm an Espanyol supporter - I think then I don't need to speak too much," he said, highlighting the rivalry with city neighbours Barca.

Spurs, who on Sunday played their final game at White Hart Lane, are guaranteed to finish second in the Premier League this season, their highest finish since 1963.

But is he staying? I'm not so sure...

Back
Top Bottom