Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Pochettino becomes available after all this falling out in Southhampton we should make a move for him...it would be the fastest way to regain the "vision" the club lost when it fired AVB. His side plays plenty of attractive football and is a manager that we can build bigger and better things around.

I want this to happen. #endtheexodus #Holtby #Capoue

Southampton fans cannot wait to get shot of him. They actually want to gift wrap, and give him to us. Ominous. Look at their form in the league, its shit.

If it aint broken, dont try and fix it. Im happy with the way it is going.

Capoue hasn't impressed me once this season so I really, really couldnt care less if he went.

No thanks. I used to rate him before, but not anymore. Not to mention that they are on a downward spiral in the league right now, just like Swansea are with Laudrup, another overrated coach in my opinion.

He is way too similar to AVB in that he is a young and unproven manager. Based on that alone, Levy will not go for him. Sherwood beat him with a team that was just recovering after a 5-0 home loss and going down in the cup against a team that is relegation fodder this season.

He would definitely not be an improvement over Sherwood. At least Sherwood knows the players really well and seems to be able to communicate better with them than AVB. Pochettino doesn't even speak English that well.

Southampton fans cannot wait to get shot of him. They actually want to gift wrap, and give him to us. Ominous. Look at their form in the league, its shit.

Capoue hasn't impressed me once this season so I really, really couldnt care less if he went.

Come on, looked good before the injury, got played at centre back then dropped.

Now Holtby.......give a shit.

Was at St. Mary's when we played them away. They were by far the worst organised defensive unit (and yes, I'm including their pressing) we have played against this season.

Come on, looked good before the injury, got played at centre back then dropped.

Now Holtby.......give a shit.

I can't remember exactly what game it was, but it was one of the few after his injury where (I think) he was played DM and he looked such a liability. I think it was Fulham away. I was shocked at just how bad he was.

If im wrong and he was played at CB, then I retract it. But he just hasn't looked like a good player to me. Not good enough to play Sandro's role effectively.

Anyway, about Pocchetino. Im team Timmy at the moment, so this thread to me is irrelvant and rather unappreciative to what we have achieved in the league thus far.

If Pochettino becomes available after all this falling out in Southhampton we should make a move for him...it would be the fastest way to regain the "vision" the club lost when it fired AVB. His side plays plenty of attractive football and is a manager that we can build bigger and better things around.

I want this to happen. #endtheexodus #Holtby #Capoue
Didnt Timmy recently open a can of whooopass on this hipster favourite?

If his name was Frank Smith no one would be interested in him but as he is the latest 'carlos kick a ball' in managerial form he MUST be good.

Anyway no thanks I would rather stick and see where Tim takes us and hopefully a young english manager can get us some good results before now and the end of the season to shut these fucking idiots up who think all foreigners are either god like players or managers.

I bloody hope not. My mates a Saint and he isn't over impressed. granted they had a good start to the season but since then they've been shit. he was the media darling at the beginning of the year thats why they jumped on his bandwagon.

The Wanyama injury really hurt the squad...he bossed their midfield. I believe they had a couple of other injuries too. And lets not kid ourselves...their squad is no where near as talented as ours. He...like Martinez...made chicken salad out of chicken shit. Same with Swans.

Couldn't be more uninterested. He seems like an alright manager but why would we want to bring in a THIRD manager this year for someone who is just okay. Especially when we're on a good run.

As for Holtby and Capoue, when you bring in a ton of new players some of the squad will not be happy with playing time. So it goes. We would hardly be losing two world beaters.

not really. Winning 5-0 at St. Mary's would have been whoopass. We won...which is what we should have done...regardless of who is at the helm.

If you are wondering why I disagreed with your statement it is because of the attitude which grates me these days that we have a right to win every game. Even, tough away days like Southampton.
I went into that game thinking a point would be good. A win was a great result for Sherwood.

same here not sure what so many people have seen in Capoue. If he's not willing to fight for his place then he can fuck off for all I care, same goes for the others.

Ok lets be fair, we played them they had a makeshift back 4 and played badly in general as their bubble had just burst, I think he is a good manager and lets face it they are as high as they can be but they have spent millions and have 3 or 4 of a very talented group of young hungry (emphasis on hungry) english players so maybe should be pushing newcastle, but they are about right in the league

Levy has taken his gamble with Tim, Poch would have been the same offsetting certain skills with others, end of the day if Tim doesnt work out we know we need an established name (if available) managing our very expensive squad as maybe we are looking at it the wrong way, if Tim can get this much with no experience out of players he supposedly barely knows, imagine what someone with pedigree could do.

For now though we support Tim who we know will do his best and hope we dont have to have the same discussion again in 4 months

I think an experienced manager is what we need now, continuing or starting (whatever you like) our way to the top, being top 4 or even higher. Don't think Pochettino is the answer. Call me biased but i would like to see van Gaal as new manager; experienced, clear football philosophy, attractive football and knows what is needed at a top club. Also a realistic option as he stated himself that he is very interested.

However this topic is about Pochettino. Would be a big gamble with so little experience, could be a second AVB.

No thanks - I'd rather stick with interim Timmeh and hope a decent name is still keen to take is following the WC but won't hold my breath tbh. We are busy making quite a name for ourselves as far as management treatment is concerned.

Back
Top Bottom