Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think they realise that an uncontested chav stroll to the title would be bad for television ratings.
Think you're right Joe, they desperately wanted City to put a challenge in as they talked it up. It didn't happen so they begrudgingly have to acknowledge us as challengers, just like last season when we had the temerity to try and spoil the Leicester fairytale.

Think you're right Joe, they desperately wanted City to put a challenge in as they talked it up. It didn't happen so they begrudgingly have to acknowledge us as challengers, just like last season when we had the temerity to try and spoil the Leicester fairytale.

Yes, it was after City lost that they started talking about us. No coincidence there.

Well, after ignoring us all season now the pundits are all jumping on board the Tottenham hype-train.

How do we all feel about that?

Desperately trying to generate interest in a non-existent title race for viewing figures, when in effect we are 2nd in a one horse race (please be wrong :avbpray:).

Then when we do finish 2nd they will feed the narrative of Tottenham as the perennial chokers (even if we win every league game from now to the seasons end).

Apparently its headline news that Gerrard is going to be "managing" Liverpools under 18s next season.

It's like a constant PR campaign on sky sports to push the Liverpool agenda.

Whilst I'm the first to suspect an all-out anti-Spurs agenda throughout the media... one thing struck me about the recent focus on Man Utd. City, Arse and Liverpool without so much as a mention for us... it's BECAUSE the media have FINALLY accepted that it's us and Chelsea for top two (although no necessarily in that order) ...and the rest of their Top 4 / Big 5 / Sky 6 they have to accommodate are the ones pushing for the remaining TWO CL places...

It's like we've slipped through the crack by being better than all but ONE of the rest of the Premier League!

...and to be fair, Sky HAVE been giving Arsene AND Arseanal untold grief in the past few weeks!

I don't think it's exclusively us on the receiving end!!

Whilst I'm the first to suspect an all-out anti-Spurs agenda throughout the media... one thing struck me about the recent focus on Man Utd. City, Arse and Liverpool without so much as a mention for us... it's BECAUSE the media have FINALLY accepted that it's us and Chelsea for top two (although no necessarily in that order) ...and the rest of their Top 4 / Big 5 / Sky 6 they have to accommodate are the ones pushing for the remaining TWO CL places...

It's like we've slipped through the crack by being better than all but ONE of the rest of the Premier League!

...and to be fair, Sky HAVE been giving Arsene AND Arseanal untold grief in the past few weeks!

I don't think it's exclusively us on the receiving end!!

In a week we went from being an outside chance of 4th to nailed on 2nd.

We've still sort of been disregarded though, as they've just moved the goalposts of what the important discussion point is.

In most people's minds the League title is Chelsea's... whether we do what we SHOULD HAVE last season and finish 2nd... or DO what we did last season and choke to 3rd isn't probably THAT high on people's agenda (unless we choke again, THEN they'll be all over it!)
I think if Chelsea DO win it with a few games to spare, focus will turn to the bottom... and who will stay UP.

WE'LL only feature if we do summit spectacular like win it, or blow it...
I think we'll do neither and stay as we are.
which doesn't make good tv for the ALL IMPORTANT NEUTRAL!

Sky are in that conundrum of a position between bigging up all the well supported teams (worldwide) and wanting a finish to the season on Sky Super Sunday like the City win.

It appears that the former has been prevailing and now is the time that the latter is being concentrated on.

How about the '10 talking points' section on the Guardian each and every Monday. We never get any press. Only talks about us when we lose - saying something negative.
When we're playing well - as we are now - no credit at all. Cunts

Back
Top Bottom