Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just learned on my drive to work that if we don't win this year we are fucked because according to Dominic Fifield; Rose, Walker and Dele are off to City, Dier is headed to United and Eriksen is Barca bound this summer because they will all make triple their current wages and Levy needs the money from the transfer fees to pay for the new stadium.

Amazingly he didn't sell Kane... but that's probably because he's a one season wonder.
Went to school with Dom. He's a good bloke but also a Palace fan - say no more....

This amusing snippet from BBC's Woolwich-Foxes match report...

Jamie Vardy may have ended up on the losing side, but the match exemplified why the Leicester striker turned down the chance to move to Woolwich in the summer.
Last season's Premier League top-scorer has scored seven goals in 11 games since Craig Shakespeare took over and revived the spirit of that Foxes title-winning season and his searing pace and instinctive play suited the visitors counter-attacking gameplan.

:kanehand:

I'll give credit where credit is due, during the 5 Live post game coverage last night we were getting bigged up big time. There was also an epic caller that seemed straight outta TFC with an outstanding Spurs rant.

I just learned on my drive to work that if we don't win this year we are fucked because according to Dominic Fifield; Rose, Walker and Dele are off to City, Dier is headed to United and Eriksen is Barca bound this summer because they will all make triple their current wages and Levy needs the money from the transfer fees to pay for the new stadium.

Amazingly he didn't sell Kane... but that's probably because he's a one season wonder.

It's literally about 6 weeks since all the journalists were saying Eriksen is shit...

Adrian Durham on TalkShite. Talking about the wanc derby (see what I did there) and he has just come out with this gem "Chelsea have had an unopposed run at the title".

And if one irate Spurs fan rings their premium rate number and holds for 20minutes he's done his job.

Have a good look at the back page of todays' Daily Telegraph...
_95803058_telegraph.jpg

Now have another look... but take in the whole page as a single 'story' ...Headline and photo!
...it's subtle, I'll give you that... or am I just being paranoid?

This amusing snippet from BBC's Woolwich-Foxes match report...

Jamie Vardy may have ended up on the losing side, but the match exemplified why the Leicester striker turned down the chance to move to Woolwich in the summer.
Last season's Premier League top-scorer has scored seven goals in 11 games since Craig Shakespeare took over and revived the spirit of that Foxes title-winning season and his searing pace and instinctive play suited the visitors counter-attacking gameplan.

:kanehand:
:walker-scream:

Andy Goldstein of Talksport had another RANT at Spurs today (Friday 29th April) and shouted down Jason Cundy's view that playing at the "refurbished" White Hart Lane would still be Tottenham's spiritual home, unlike West Ham and Woolwich who have moved several miles away.

I do believe Goldstein is a closet gooner who also likes Man U, but aside from Sky appointing Alan Smith to commentate (badly) on every Spurs game, he is the worst example of media bias against the Spurs.

Why does anyone listen to Talksport? It sounds absolutely shite from the stuff written about it on here, bottom of the barrel journalism. Or am I missing something by not listening to it? Does it have any redeeming features?

Andy Goldstein of Talksport had another RANT at Spurs today (Friday 29th April) and shouted down Jason Cundy's view that playing at the "refurbished" White Hart Lane would still be Tottenham's spiritual home, unlike West Ham and Woolwich who have moved several miles away.

I do believe Goldstein is a closet gooner who also likes Man U, but aside from Sky appointing Alan Smith to commentate (badly) on every Spurs game, he is the worst example of media bias against the Spurs.
Has there been another club who have built a completely new stadium within the footprint of the original. Not a reconstruction like Bournemouth etc?
Apart from the plans of the posers from Kings Road.

What else was Levy supposed to do? The walk up to the stadium will be the same, its nearly in the same spot, it's proper Tottenham.

This is just old English wankers wanting to have their cake and eat it too when it comes to modern football. If you are going to heap the attention and praise on the big spenders and the big stadiums with the big, well paid rosters and then bitch that they aren't playing on an old ground that's seats 30k that wasn't even designed to have fresh water on site, then you can fuck off.

Why does anyone listen to Talksport? It sounds absolutely shite from the stuff written about it on here, bottom of the barrel journalism. Or am I missing something by not listening to it? Does it have any redeeming features?

It's like internet forums, Daily Mail online, day time TV chat shows, and overweight Dole scrounger bashing programs. Their all shite but some just keep watching to fuel their anger and make their own sad existence less painful. ''As they think at least i'm not that bad''. They consider a Football Phone in rant the pinnacle of their week.

Personally I don't bother with Newspapers anymore and avoid Twatter & Faceless Book. But I found that the Manchester Derby was one of the least promoted in years. If I hadn't had a pint after work I wouldn't have known it was on.

Personally I don't bother with Newspapers anymore and avoid Twatter & Faceless Book. But I found that the Manchester Derby was one of the least promoted in years. If I hadn't had a pint after work I wouldn't have known it was on.
It was a very low key affair considering the Pep v Jose thing, guess they've realised that Joe public has seen through that facade

Back
Top Bottom