Midfielders in a wide position for next season poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What would you like to see done with our midfielders in a wide position for next season?

• LENNON - 1st choice right side of midfield

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • LENNON - Keep as squad/backup player

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • LENNON - Sell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BENTLEY - 1st choice right side of midfield

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • BENTLEY - Keep as squad/backup player

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • BENTLEY - Sell

Votes: 50 87.7%
  • BALE - 1st choice left side of midfield

Votes: 57 100.0%
  • BALE - Should be a left back and considered for the left side of midfield only when needed

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • BALE - Keep as squad/backup player

• BALE - Sell

• TOWNSEND - 1st choice left side of midfield

• TOWNSEND - Keep as squad/backup player

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • TOWNSEND - Loan

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • TOWNSEND - Sell

• KRANCJAR - 1st choice left side of midfield

• KRANCJAR - Keep as squad/backup player

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • KRANJCAR - Sell

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • PIENAAR - 1st choice left side of midfield

• PIENAAR - Keep as squad/backup player

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • PIENAAR - Sell

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • VDV/DOS SANTOS - Should be considered for right side of midfield when needed

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • MODRIC/ROSE - Should be considered for left side of midfield when needed

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Buy at least one new first choice right sided midfielder

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Buy at least one new first choice left sided midfielder

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Buy at least one new squad/backup wide midfielder

Votes: 39 68.4%

• Total voters
one-on-one he is phenomenal, and he has blistering pace. and as he grows as a player bale will add more to his game and go on to be possibly the best left winger in the world. right now he is a long way off being robben or ronaldo.

YidoBuckler said:
Pedro isn't first choice for a start, but I did just pluck a name out at random for arguments sake.
i think pedro and bale are on a par hence my bringing him into the agrument. bale is a better athlete out on the wing, but the pedro is more consistent, can play with both feet, and has a knack of incisive runs when playing off of the ball. maybe i am being hard on bale but its only because we all know how great he could be.

Bale is one of the last positions we need to worry about. A left footed left winger and only 22? We haven't had it so good since an older Ginola and older Ziege were strutting their stuff. Quality right winger is far more important for when Lennon is injured.

I don't think Bale should also be compared to Pedro or Villa. Dani Alves is the closest I can see in that team.

Back
Top Bottom