Modric and the Chavski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just read an article on a french website stating that Romanski has promised to offer a transfer budget around 300 million euros to the next coach

Main targets being Modric , Hulk , Cavani, Falcao, Azilpicueta, Hazard, Gôtze and Higauin (i suppose concerning the strikers its one of them and not all of them).

Anything about it in English press ?

It's almost certainly rubbish.

Clubs simply can't spend that much money with the new financial regulations, especially as Chelsea don't have the get-out clause that City have with the massive sponsorship deal.

On the BBC Gossip Column today it had a bit about Abramovichski promising to give a list of 'the worlds best players' to the new manager and giving them the money to sign whoever they want.

And the FFP regulations don't affect them, they won't be playing in Europe anyway :nawty:

When people say a transfer budget they mean transfer fee AND wages......

For example: Fernando Torres

£50m transfer fee

+

£7.5m a year in wages x 5 years = £37.5m

= £87.5m

300m euros will not even stretch all that far!

Well, I saw something on the Grauniad today with a big mugshot of Modric saying "guess which London club wants this Tottenham player?"

Didn't bother clicking on it. There will be endless articles on this shit now.

If he goes to those cunts, I think I'll get over it by getting pissed and getting into a fight with a chav down the pub, then move on.

It would be nice if Modric pulled his finger out and concerned himself more with his current form than what colour shirt would look good on him next season

Dannyboy said:
It would be nice if Modric pulled his finger out and concerned himself more with his current form than what colour shirt would look good on him next season

Is he in charge of picking which colour our kits are going to be next season?

To offer a slightly more serious thought to this; Modric clearly wants to leave still. I haven't really seen any evidence to the contrary and he has said nothing at all that would contradict that. So much depends on where we finish this season but my suspicion is we will flog him regardless - this is based on nothing other than a gut feeling and I hope I'm wrong. Chelsea, United, whoever will certainly test our resolve again, it would be interesting to see what Modric would do were Chelsea to fail to qualify for CL but offered him a better contract....It would answer a lot of questions.

Either way, he stays, he goes - I'd thank him, call him a cunt and move on.

I agree, no doubt at all that he wants to leave. He never gave one indication that he'd be happy to remain at Tottenham.

Back
Top Bottom