My Day at the Emershits

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So I guess people are probably fed up with talking about the game Sunday but I havent been on here since, mainly because after drowning my sorrows so much I spend all day in bed yesterday :harryblow:

Now for some reason I thought it may be a good idea to get tickets for this match in the Woolwich end. Well, I didn't originally want them in the Woolwich end of course, but they were the only ones my guy could get. I've never sat in an away end before and I think I can safely say I never will again. Especially not there.

I got there and seats were empty around us until about a minute before kick off before some disgusting geezer wide boy who clearly doesn't go much turns up with his girlfriend who looked like something out of an economy version of The Only Way is Essex. It was tragic. So the first thing that comes out his mouth is 'sorry lads im going to be shouting some abuse at them cunts today'. Fair enough I thought, at least he apologised in advance.

The first goal goes in and whilst I look over at you lot in the away stand going mental I have to pretend to be upset/disappointed. It wasn't too hard as I just stood there looking at the Spurs fans and imagining I was there.

Then this idoit fan starts with all the Jew abuse, horrible stuff coming out his mouth. Now I know its going to happen and everything but we weren't far from the players and he was shouting Jew cunt at the top of his voice - imagine how Yossi must have felt.

Second goal goes in and I have to sit down and let out a scream in my hands as I'm ready to explode.

The abuse Walcott was getting phenomenal, I've never heard anything like it. No wonder he is shit with people like that telling him so every week.

Then we decide to really stop playing,. I mean, they were bossing us 1st half anyway but we really did just seem to collapse. Horrible. The players come out at half time and I looked at them and thought not one of them seemed ready for the second half, all of them trudging out with their heads down - what did Harry say?

I stayed until 80ish means then like a true gooner left promptly. I couldn't stand it any more, we were getting ripped a new one.

Walking away from the ground I was in a sense of shock, pissed off but not angry for some reason,. Maybe because this was their cup final it didn't hurt as badly as it should? Then my Woolwich supporting boss sent me a message 'I'm bracing myself for the arrival of another false dawn' that made me smile and I went and got absolutely smashed.

Moral of the story? Dont sit in the away end no matter how bad you want to see your team win. Even if they do you are likely to be surrounded by insufferable idiots and if they dont, well, you know what happened....

Jesus mate that's hardcore. How you could stifle not going bananas when we scored I can't fathom....

...just out of interest, what is the "local" mindset behind leaving early when 5-2 up?

I have to say when the first goal was scored I held it in quite well as I couldn't really see it so I was busy trying to figure out what happened.
The pessimist in me was sure Ade was going to miss because otherwise was just too good to be true and like I said, as everyone else around me started hurling abuse at him after he scored I sat down, put my head in my hands and let out a massive muffled scream of joy. Nobody noticed.

You right, I should have reported the guy but I was so pissed off I just wanted to get out of there, it was horrible pretending to be happy. I just stood and applauded.

There were a fair few leaving when we did - not loads but a good few.

Dru said:
The pessimist in me was sure Ade was going to miss because otherwise was just too good to be true and like I said, as everyone else around me started hurling abuse at him after he scored I sat down, put my head in my hands and let out a massive muffled scream of joy. Nobody noticed.

You probably looked like an exasperated local.... :roflmao:

What the hell did you do when 3/4/5 went in? Those cunts must have been going ballistic...

Reptile_16 said:
Dru said:

You probably looked like an exasperated local.... :roflmao:

What the hell did you do when 3/4/5 went in? Those cunts must have been going ballistic...

I said to my Spurs mate who was suffering with me, this will end up 5, or 6-2 after the 3rd went in so could kind of see it coming. I just screamed Oooohhh as if to say OOOOHhhhh FFFUUUUUCCKKK Saaaakkke but just left out the fuck sake bit and politely applauded. I felt disgusting when someone the row behind grabbed me.

I forgot the weirdest part - went to meet an old friend after the game, got totally smashed, ended up in Leicester Sqaure in some hip-hop club where there was a kind of variety thing going on with comedians and aspiring rappers. Because I happened to be one of about 4 white people in the club, the comedian who was on plucked me out the crowd, got me up on stage and I had to do dance off with 3 other people.

Needless to say I won by jury of applause - probably down to my drunken awful dancing and people laughing their asses off at me.

If I was ever in that situation I would not be able to contain myself. I could of had a ticket in the Norwich end for when we played them at Carrot Road and I can't bring myself to do it.

I go to football to support my team and I can't just sit/stand there for 90 minutes and not do that.

Not gonna talk about Sunday as I've done enough already and getting fed up of repeating myself to scum fans and others! But I know the feeling (no where near as bad but still) sitting in an away end. A few years back my mate was working near boro and said he'll get me n 3 others tickets, I said make sure you say you're a neutral tho (southern accent should of been a give away). We took our seats in what was the equivalent of the Park lane, right next to all the yids. Seeing all the empty seats dotted about I moaned like fuck to my pal, even more after Luke young scored that banger.... That's enough now, it's the worse way to watch a game, never again!

There were two gooners (or at least neutrals) in the Spurs end right behind me - they didn't celebrate either of our goals

not really sure how they would've got tickets though?!

Would of been better off celebrating our two goals and getting chucked out in the end.

I sat in the away end when we drew 4-4 a couple of years ago. Needless to say a much more enjoyable experience than you had!

Remember the 5-3 against united at home?
Crap wasn't it?

Now imagine being sat in the united end in your OWN stadium next to a couple of cockney Manc friends of my dad.

Couldnt celebrate the 3 goals in the first half. Had to applaud the 5 goals on the 2nd.

This match still haunts me to this day.

In addition. I went to the game at Stamford bridge last season and had tickets in the Chelsea end. I actually didn't mind it so much as I was sat two rows behind the spurs dugout so some of the players and staff were around me.

I took my girlfriend who hates football but think she enjoyed being in a sort of VIP section a she at least knew who some of the players were.

Anyway some old Chelsea non jockey starts chatting to my bird saying how he fucking hates those spurs cunts so I just leant over an politely said that was a shame as I'm actually one of them.

Girlfriend was NOT happy about that! (especially when I jumped up with the rest of the spurs bench to celebrate Sandro's goal)

Incidentally, to my left were two Japanese tourists who had absolutely no idea what was going on all game. They had all the merchandise though.

Pwopa fans

jimmyriggle said:
Incidentally, to my left were two Japanese tourists who had absolutely no idea what was going on all game. They had all the merchandise though.

Pwopa fans

RACIST... it's PLOPA FANS!!!

I was there at that Chelsea robbery game.

Outside I saw a tout talking to 2 Asian kids about wanting £300 EACH for a ticket. They barely spoke English. I thought it was disgusting.

I wonder if it was them?

Back
Top Bottom