New LP information

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

@Lustdoctor - Source at Spurs regarding change in loyalty points: new system is to prevent closed shop where fans with old points cherry-pick best games. Will allow fans who have regularly attended away games over last 4/5 years opp to go to best games and avoid inert fanbase

See Spooky RT this guy on twitter, thoughts?

Won't believe a word until its on the official site.

Seems like there are pro's and con's to this. But now some people may have to cherry pick matches as they can't afford to go to more and some games people are unable to make due to kick off times and work commitments. Guys who have accumulated the loyalty points should be allowed to keep them really.

I'd say it's also to stop a cartel situation where people with high LP's apply even when they don't want to go just to sell on to others and keep their points tally's high.

Very rarely in life a new rule or system will please everyone this included. I can see pros and cons on both sides. Stops people who don't go to those shit games only getting tickets for the big games, who are the ones that stop the people that go to the shit games (Bolton, Blackburn etc.) going to the big games. (I think that makes sense)

I think Spooky said something like this, but i have 600LPs, I haven't cheated my way to them, they cost a lot of time and money, especially when most of them were accumulated watching absolute dross like ginger pele at bolton on a cold midweek day. They are my points, how i choose to use them is surely down to me? If i want to cherry pick (which i don't really do), then i should be able to do that. I usually do about 5 games up north a year, your stokes, wigans etc plus ArseAnal away. How they dish the points out also needs to be changed. For example, Liverpool away on a monday night and getting back at 4 in the morning on the Tuesday is definitely worth more than 1 point!

HarryHotspur said:
I think Spooky said something like this, but i have 600LPs, I haven't cheated my way to them, they cost a lot of time and money, especially when most of them were accumulated watching absolute dross like ginger pele at bolton on a cold midweek day. They are my points, how i choose to use them is surely down to me? If i want to cherry pick (which i don't really do), then i should be able to do that. I usually do about 5 games up north a year, your stokes, wigans etc plus ArseAnal away. How they dish the points out also needs to be changed. For example, Liverpool away on a monday night and getting back at 4 in the morning on the Tuesday is definitely worth more than 1 point!

If you continue to go to 6 away games a year you'll be within the top 3,000 and so will get a ticket for any game you want anyway

It does kind of make sense, as it keeps the most recent visitors to WHL a top priority.

It's not the way I would have done it, but that would take me about 10 paragraphs to explain.....

Can totally understand the frustration of people who have 500+ LPs.

Blanchflower said:
I'd say it's also to stop a cartel situation where people with high LP's apply even when they don't want to go just to sell on to others and keep their points tally's high.
this is how I interpreted the change in the LPs.

Back
Top Bottom