New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the best flow on effects from Sunday's win. We're highly likely to christen this stadium with CL football.
Does anyone know if there's any impact on the 'useable' date for the new stadium as a side effect of CL qualification? Does whether we finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th affect that?

Nope all the top 4 go straight into the Group stages for next season ..... seeding is based on coefficient not league position
It looks like matchday 1 of the group stage is scheduled to be 18/19 September. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether that aligns with the possible proposal of playing early PL games as away fixtures.

It looks like matchday 1 of the group stage is scheduled to be 18/19 September. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether that aligns with the possible proposal of playing early PL games as away fixtures.

Season starts on the 11th August ... the maximum consecutive away games under EPL rules is four, which would take us through to the 8th/9th September before we would have to play our first home game (which looks like the International break weekend) ... pretty sure we would do that if we need that extra month ...still well ahead of the CL dates

That should be fine I reckon. First 4 Premier League weeks we play away from home, then international break, then grand opening 15th/16th Sept, first Champions League match 18th/19th Sept.

That should be fine I reckon. First 4 Premier League weeks we play away from home, then international break, then grand opening 15th/16th Sept, first Champions League match 18th/19th Sept.

Plus I think at very worst a deal could be done with Wembley to have games there if we absolutely have to

Season starts on the 11th August ... the maximum consecutive away games under EPL rules is four, which would take us through to the 8th/9th September before we would have to play our first home game (which looks like the International break weekend) ... pretty sure we would do that if we need that extra month ...still well ahead of the CL dates

Pretty sure you can play 8 away, upto the second international break.

CL maybe, but would probably have to play all group games there. PL no, unless we play the whole season there.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too to cover that game we need to be home, maybe all the group games.... and hope those aren’t all we have!!

Not a massive fan of playing CL games at a stadium that the team have played at literally once before. Hope they finish it a bit earlier so we can have a few matches there before matchday 1 in the CL.

Does anyone know the legislation around 'test' events for this sort of thing?
Seem to remember the first game at Wembley was an U21 match at reduced capacity?
I guess I would have to be there for it whatever it was

KdQzXuL.jpg

DZ7_qLOWsAAvlIC.jpg

DZ7_nGFXcAAoRf0.jpg
DZ7_nEwX0AENySj.jpg
zoAaSdb.jpg

CZtWvqO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom