Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm guessing he read this...

42519313._UY400_SS400_.jpg

They've made some decent signing since the take over to be fair. Especially Bruno Guimaraes has been fantastic and wouldn't be out of place in a team like Liverpool, Spurs or Man. City.

Steal for £35m.

They've made some decent signing since the take over to be fair. Especially Bruno Guimaraes has been fantastic and wouldn't be out of place in a team like Liverpool, Spurs or Man. City.

Steal for £35m.

Guimaraes is actually a quality player, strange how the more establised clubs missed out on him

He's class and if we can sign 1-2 attacking players before the window closes he'll only get better. As it stands he's pushing balls through for Almiron to mess up, or ASM to Riverdance around.

Rumours we're interested in Gordon from Everton. Not seen anything from him that makes me think he'd be good for us. Biggest attribute seems to be how much graft he's willing to put in, but that makes him as useful as Almiron, so...

They’ll challenge for 6th this season alongside West Ham, Man United, and maybe some other dark horse like Brighton.

I know we all hate West Ham but its a shame for a club like them who has to operate within a budget, makes good signings and builds a decent squad over several years, but will just be quickly passed by a financially duped club. Really bad for the sport in the long haul and could spell the death of the EPL if it continues.

He's class and if we can sign 1-2 attacking players before the window closes he'll only get better. As it stands he's pushing balls through for Almiron to mess up, or ASM to Riverdance around.

Rumours we're interested in Gordon from Everton. Not seen anything from him that makes me think he'd be good for us. Biggest attribute seems to be how much graft he's willing to put in, but that makes him as useful as Almiron, so...
I think Dutch international Gakpo (PSV) would do really well at Newcastle, wouldn't be very expensive either.

They’ll challenge for 6th this season alongside West Ham, Man United, and maybe some other dark horse like Brighton.

I know we all hate West Ham but its a shame for a club like them who has to operate within a budget, makes good signings and builds a decent squad over several years, but will just be quickly passed by a financially duped club. Really bad for the sport in the long haul and could spell the death of the EPL if it continues.
NUFC can't spend massive amounts on players because their turnover is quite small.

I think they'll have to get better and grow before they can start spending too much more.

NUFC can't spend massive amounts on players because their turnover is quite small.

I think they'll have to get better and grow before they can start spending too much more.
Exactly this. We need to get more commercial deals in place, better sponsorship deals. Swiss Ramble on twitter has a good thread explaining why you aren't/can't go crazy in this window.

Also, our commercial deals will be scrutinised a lot more because of who our owners are. So we might have Saudi companies as sponsors, it can't be a way to backdoor £100m a year into the club (which I think is right and fair, for what it's worth).

Can't be bothered to attend this one. Another nation owned club that is a glaring example of everything that is wrong with modern football. Nice for their fans to have a bit of hope of success for the first time in decades so can understand their excitement but just another nail in the coffin for me.

Can't be bothered to attend this one. Another nation owned club that is a glaring example of everything that is wrong with modern football. Nice for their fans to have a bit of hope of success for the first time in decades so can understand their excitement but just another nail in the coffin for me.
Fucking typical that we get rid of an owner we hate, shout "We've got our club back", and then watch the beginning of the end of the club as it once was. If these owners stick around as long as I expect, we'll become more like Man City, or PSG. Distanced from the original fans, the original DNA of the club I grew up with.

That's modern football I guess.

I know I'll enjoy this next part of the club's existence; the building, the buying exciting players, the "dare we dream" stuff. When winning league games becomes expected and tourist filled crowds boo a disappointing 1-0 victory over a promoted side, that's when I'll spend more time at the local non-league clubs.

Fucking typical that we get rid of an owner we hate, shout "We've got our club back", and then watch the beginning of the end of the club as it once was. If these owners stick around as long as I expect, we'll become more like Man City, or PSG. Distanced from the original fans, the original DNA of the club I grew up with.

I know I'll enjoy this next part of the club's existence; the building, the buying exciting players, the "dare we dream" stuff. When winning league games becomes expected and tourist filled crowds boo a disappointing 1-0 victory over a promoted side, that's when I'll spend more time at the local non-league clubs.

I have a very good Toon mate and he is loving it but he knows when you eventually become Man City (who can no longer sell out their stadium because having no jeopardy during the match and winning every game gets boring very quickly) he will go back to his AFC Wimbledon ST.

Enjoy the ride mate, you will pining for the 'good old days' in 10 years time.

If we ever get bought by a fascist carbon nation where gays and rape victims are stoned to death I will never set foot in our ground again or spend a single penny on the club.

I have a very good Toon mate and he is loving it but he knows when you eventually become Man City (who can no longer sell out their stadium because having no jeopardy during the match and winning every game gets boring very quickly) he will go back to his AFC Wimbledon ST.

If we ever get bought by a fascist carbon nation where gays and rape victims are stoned to death I will never set foot in our ground again or spend a single penny on the club.

Hopefully we won't get to that and ENIC stay on.

Why didn't you and the other fans object then....? You were full of excuses and "bring it on" sentiment before it happened.

Bit late complaining now.

You still supporting gay rights causes to compensate like you said you would?

I get that, I've said before that I've mates who've reluctantly walked away and I totally respect them for that.

You never know, Saudi Arabia might become the new enemy of the state and our nefarious owners might get the short shrift from the government sooner than you think.

Went to a game last year at a non-league club. Maybe 100 people watching, rope around the pitch, beer sold from a fridge in a portacabin. Enjoyed that more than a lot of the games from the past 14yrs.

Went to a game last year at a non-league club. Maybe 100 people watching, rope around the pitch, beer sold from a fridge in a portacabin. Enjoyed that more than a lot of the games from the past 14yrs.

.......And the moral of this quaint little anecdote is what exactly???

Unlike your mates - who actually have conviction of their principals - you've still gone back to validate the murderous sport-swashers take-over of NuCastle.

"I went to a non-league game"
"I (in theory) support gay rights"
"If we can just win one league title then I'll walk away happy"

It's all hollow, diversionary BS, mate.

Find somewhere else to plunder for validation.

Steal for £35m.

I think it helps that he seems to have Mousa Dembele re-incarnate playing next to him too.

Back
Top Bottom