Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Maybe Levy has told Nagelsmann he and Rangnick as DoF can have full control...

Sweet Dreams Running GIF by For Better or for Worse

Chelsea top two candidates both pulled out after talks with boehly lol

For me it has to be one of Luis Enrique and Nagalsmann for us, by far the best two candidates out there who would both dramatically change the culture of this club.

Okay so now we pray for Madrid and PSG stick with their managers
I think it will be him coming here now, prem is where its at. PSG is just another Bayern and he has time for Madrid. I thought Chelsea were nailed on for him so unless he comes across as a bit of a dick in any discussions pretty sure it'll be done. Not 100% convinced myself but unlike the last 3 appointments it has the potential to be very good.

Wonder what these sticking points are that ended both Enrique and Nagglesman interviews , and will Poch have the same issue whatever it is?

Dont get upset if the boss comes down and gives team talks?

So weird to see another club get the Spurs treatment.

Like a weird outer body experience.

Nagelsmann might just have thought boley was a joker or something. Obv unlikely it’s anything to do with us
It's very obvious what's going on here.

Boehly is demanding the new manager win immediately with the resources he's already gone to enormous expense to buy.

The job is to pick the right players to sell in order to get the squad size to a sensible level and then go challenge for major honors. There's some room for tinkering around the margin, but the big money has been spent, this is not a rebuild, it's not a long term squad overhaul.

Nagelsmann and Enrique fancy themselves Pep/Klopp project overseers who want to build a team to their liking, this isn't their cup of tea and talks with Boehly & Co. are revealing that clearly.

But it's a very similar remit to Poch's initial job at Spurs, which was to make the best of the foundering Bale Seven, which he did while ruthlessly showing the door to anyone who didn't fit his plans.

Poch actually makes much more sense for Chelsea than he does for us, horrific as that is.

Wonder what these sticking points are that ended both Enrique and Nagglesman interviews , and will Poch have the same issue whatever it is?

Dont get upset if the boss comes down and gives team talks?

If I was a manager they were interviewing, who wasn't desperate, and I'd been seeing all these reports this week and those comments from the club captain Silva about the owners then I think I would be having second thoughts about going there. That and having seemingly zero control over transfers. Plus the financial problems they will find themselves in potentially next season. I know we are down on our club at the moment but I honesty think we are a much better proposition than they are.

Matt Law's latest tweet regarding the Chavs manager search:

..."things have gone v positively with Pochettino in the last few days. This could now accelerate."

Eurgh.

Back
Top Bottom