Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.5%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.3%
  • Slot

Votes: 90 21.6%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 71 17.1%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 32 7.7%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 22 5.3%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Someone needs to do this seriously because its a real issue. Im sticking with what I've said all along. We need to try and catch lightning in a bottle again. So...Marcelo Gallardo. He plays attacking high tempo football has handled rebuilds. Sell Kane give him 100 million and let him at the very least entertain us.
we get rid of conte or he walks then i doubt gallardo would ever come here, has too many suitors as it is

Someone needs to do this seriously because its a real issue. Im sticking with what I've said all along. We need to try and catch lightning in a bottle again. So...Marcelo Gallardo. He plays attacking high tempo football has handled rebuilds. Sell Kane give him 100 million and let him at the very least entertain us.

The problem with that is that nobody will ever have free reign to spend that 100m without the restrictions that Levy puts on them limiting the quality of player that we get.

I am fine with the idea of selling Kane, Son, Hugo and everyone and going with a rebuild. With a quality DOF and manager it is probably the route that makes the most sense because of how far off we are, the age of our key players and lack of Levy willing to spend what is needed to get us to the top, but I have zero faith that Levy will let those people do the proper rebuild and buy the proper players. There will always be a demand to get players not for the football ability but based on the deal you can get and their perceived sell on value later.

we get rid of conte or he walks then i doubt gallardo would ever come here, has too many suitors as it is
Does he? Why isn’t he in Europe yet if that’s where he wants to be?

(For the record I hate that we talk about a club like River Plate as if it’s some backwater and FIFA and its global sponsors should be working harder to change that, but alas it is the current financial reality.)

(For the record I hate that we talk about a club like River Plate as if it’s some backwater and FIFA and its global sponsors should be working harder to change that, but alas it is the current financial reality.)
read not sure if its still true is that he wants to see out their season first or something, not sure when argentine league finishes

read not sure if its still true is that he wants to see out their season first or something, not sure when argentine league finishes

It already ended in December. The next season starts in June and I think goes until just before the WC.

There were rumours that he is now ready to go.

As you say River Plate is not a backwater club, especially to Argentinians, so not too surprised that he was happy staying there previously.

I think he will go to a Spanish team as that seems like a easier transition in terms of playing style, competition and obviously with his language.

Next manager when Conte quits?

Since Poch, Mourinho and Conte (probably) all failed miserably I don't really care who it is while Levy/Enic are around because they'll fail too.

I’ll post more on my thoughts regarding this in the coming days but Conte won’t be given what he needs, Paratici isn’t the DOF we need to manage the rebuild (vibes of Sven’s old #2 who did the bodge job with the magnificent 7 money). As much as it pains me, if ENIC won’t sell or give Conte what he wants they need to part ways after the final game of the season. The goons model has some value and the lack of fight in our team really bothers me.

I’ll get dogs abuse for it but as I wanted at the start of this season when we couldn’t get a manager I’d take Scott Parker. Tired of seeing us linked with players from other countries when there are promising players in the Championship or EFL.

Trouble is, such an appointment may not get ENIC the bums in seats, investment but you’ll get the commitment and that is what’s missing now and something Poch managed to bring back early in his tenure.

Next manager when Conte quits?

Since Poch, Mourinho and Conte (probably) all failed miserably I don't really care who it is while Levy/Enic are around because they'll fail too.

Nailed it

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

Back
Top Bottom