Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Because paratici was available after leaving juventus and levy remembered him being a tough negotiator.

We agreed terms with fonseca who’s an attacking manager then the deal fell apart because Paratici was appointed and wanted a defensive manager instead.

Does make me worry about Paratici. He clearly is good at getting us players but for me a Sporting director is mostly about the football vision. His vision kind of worries me, he will probably be gone soon anyway.

Well that doesn’t make sense as prior to appointing Nuno and patrici didn’t levy say he wanted a couch how will play with spurs dna. If patrici is as you say then wtf did levy appoint him if he knew his style of football is dull as dishwater?
I don't know. but it's what we have isn't it.

Does make me worry about Paratici. He clearly is good at getting us players but for me a Sporting director is mostly about the football vision. His vision kind of worries me, he will probably be gone soon anyway.

Hope not, back to poch targeting players and Levy trying to negotiate deals.

giphy.gif

Poch is clearly gearing up as we type.

I think if Poch comes back we will see him turnover the squad and get new folks in, just like he did in his first stint
He only did that because there was a dressing room clique of players with toxic attitudes….. I love poch (negating the whining final 6mths version)… but the one thing he should not be allowed to have is the final say on player recruitment

I think a re-energised OG poch could do something with this current squad

Paratici is hanging on for his long service present from Levy , he only needs to hang on for a few more months to qualify . He can then expect

Ryan Reynolds Insult GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

When his fake Rolex stops working on day 3

De Zerbi is the obvious one if that's an option. Looks a brilliant coach, ambitious, fiery, competitive. Good football, good English and hasn't looked out of place coaching in the PL. Spaletti has done a great job this year, but it's a down year in Serie A and he has the two best attacking players in the league. If you have a good team with top players it's an easy-ish league to do well in.

Pochettino is the clear favourite for the job in the betting, and probably in reality. De Zerbi would likely be a 15m buyout. I'm not against Pochettino thing, I think there's a chance it could go well. But he's a coach who built his career on aggressive, hard running football. I don't hold his time at PSG against him because that front three is so far away from the basis of his teams in the past.. but whether he on a personal and professional level retains the hunger and ability to really give all of himself to a group of players in the way he did 7/8yrs ago, and whether a group of players buys into that now, I don't know.

Tuchel and Potter, no thanks. Can't go ex Chelsea again even if both might be good appointments. Thomas Frank.. not for me,don't think he'd be successful at a top-ish club and should try to make as much success as he can at Brentford.
Great post.

I do think though that Potter would have been a great shout forgetting the Chelsea stuff. Could see him going back to a Brighton level club for a while between them and us

Great post.

I do think though that Potter would have been a great shout forgetting the Chelsea stuff. Could see him going back to a Brighton level club for a while between them and us
Yes I think he should do that rather than go straight to a top 6 club said the same in an earlier post. That’s what we did with AVB. Sacked by Chavs and then bloody appoint him. Mind boggling ineptitude. Would have better keeping harry.

De Zerbi is the obvious one if that's an option. Looks a brilliant coach, ambitious, fiery, competitive. Good football, good English and hasn't looked out of place coaching in the PL. Spaletti has done a great job this year, but it's a down year in Serie A and he has the two best attacking players in the league. If you have a good team with top players it's an easy-ish league to do well in.

Pochettino is the clear favourite for the job in the betting, and probably in reality. De Zerbi would likely be a 15m buyout. I'm not against Pochettino thing, I think there's a chance it could go well. But he's a coach who built his career on aggressive, hard running football. I don't hold his time at PSG against him because that front three is so far away from the basis of his teams in the past.. but whether he on a personal and professional level retains the hunger and ability to really give all of himself to a group of players in the way he did 7/8yrs ago, and whether a group of players buys into that now, I don't know.

Tuchel and Potter, no thanks. Can't go ex Chelsea again even if both might be good appointments. Thomas Frank.. not for me,don't think he'd be successful at a top-ish club and should try to make as much success as he can at Brentford.

Who cares if they are ex-Chelsea if they are better coaches?

Both Tuchel and Potter would be viable transitional options for us right now as they both play with back 3 systems - meaning the players we have bought like Porro, Spence, Udogie etc would still work and we wouldn’t have to start completely rebuilding all over again.

Personally I’d take a punt on Potter, he’s more stable emotionally, never whines about transfers just gets on with the job of coaching and improving players. His style is a bit “AVB” but compared to what we’ve been watching the last few years is a massive upgrade on the eye. Just needs time and a bit of patience.

That said, I’d take Tuchel or DeZerbi before Pochettino.

Last edited:
Who cares if they are ex-Chelsea if they are better coaches?

Both Tuchel and Potter would be viable transitional options for us right now as they both play with back 3 systems - meaning the players we have bought like Porro, Spence, Udogie etc would still work and we wouldn’t have to start completely rebuilding all over again.

Personally I’d take a punt on Potter, he’s more stable emotionally, never whines about transfers just gets on with the job of coaching and improving players. His style is a bit “AVB” but compared to what we’ve been watching the last few years is a massive upgrade on the eye. Just needs time and a bit of patience.

That said, I’d take Tuchel or DeZerbi before Pochettino.
Does Potter improve players, and did he simply have a bunch of very good players available to him at Brighton?

Great post.

He's been found out and I'm bloody glad he's been found out there.
Hope they stick with him for 3 or 4 years because a cliche says "yoo got a give your manage time"

I hope they don’t. He will come good - especially with all that talent. No one in world football has ever been given that many players that quickly
Steve Cooper at Forest was given more and will probably keep them up.

Willing to bet he'd have done even better than Potter did at Brighton with a football system that's established and working like a machine.

I'll get pelters for this but I'd be more up for Cooper than De Zerbi.

Steve Cooper at Forest was given more and will probably keep them up.

Willing to bet he'd have done even better than Potter did at Brighton with a football system that's established and working like a machine.

I'll get pelters for this but I'd be more up for Cooper than De Zerbi.
You need to settle down now hoss...you losing the room! I don't want either. I specifically don't want Potter because for some strange reason explicable only to that bloke on the extra inch (who convicted Bissouma of all Fred West's unsolved crimes) he thought 8th place with Brighton made him too good for Spurs. I hope he gets fired, they still get relegated under John Terry and Potter never gets another EPL job.

You need to settle down now hoss...you losing the room! I don't want either. I specifically don't want Potter because for some strange reason explicable only to that bloke on the extra inch (who convicted Bissouma of all Fred West's unsolved crimes) he thought 8th place with Brighton made him too good for Spurs. I hope he gets fired, they still get relegated under John Terry and Potter never gets another EPL job.
i mean, never said I wanted Cooper. Just said I'm more impressed by what Copper did than De Zerbi (or Potter whilst we are at it).

Not sure I could bring myself to get excited by any manager if Conte walks and ENIC don't start having a real look at their ability to win.

Back
Top Bottom