Next Manager Poll (poll reset 11/04/23)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next Manager

• Rodgers

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Potter

Votes: 25 6.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 177 42.1%
  • Kompany

Votes: 43 10.2%
  • Slot

Votes: 91 21.7%
  • Postecoglou

Votes: 73 17.4%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Stellini

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Frank

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 21 5.0%
  • Zidane

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Glasner

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Amorim

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Carrick

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 23 5.5%
  • Schmidt

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
You seem to be unaware of why you actually dislike Levy/ENIC.

The haven't taken a penny of profit out of this club as a dividend for the last 16+ years. It's all gone back into the club.

Personally I have a huge issue with many of the decisions Levy has taken that have affected the football we've ended up seeing. No problem with how he's improved our profitability or how much of those profits have been re-invested in the football club (all).

Yes.

BUT other than United's scumbag owners this is the minimum expectation of any ambitious owner.

the owners that really want to win invest more than just profit because they know the club is also an equity that's apperciating in value.

I don't think he has ever been one to have a view on whether this or that midfielder is a good player, but as long as he has the final say on financials (which he will never give up) he is right in the middle of football decisions.

He is the chairman so he is always going to be involved to a degree.

What we don’t want to keep happening is for Levy to turn down deals for Bruno Fernandes, Grealish, Kim etc because he thinks he can be clever and get a better deal somewhere else. We just need him to set the budgets then fuck off and let the football people make football decisions.

He is the chairman so he is always going to be involved to a degree.

What we don’t want to keep happening is for Levy to turn down deals for Bruno Fernandes, Grealish, Kim etc because he thinks he can be clever and get a better deal somewhere else. We just need him to set the budgets then fuck off and let the football people make football decisions.
Just dont see that happening. You can put as many layers between him and the football decisions as you like, control freaks dont give up control. Might be bits round the edges that are helped by Munn being there such as the players getting in Levys ear as we saw on the documentary but ultimately the bigger decisions, manager, bigger transfers etc will always go through him.

Just dont see that happening. You can put as many layers between him and the football decisions as you like, control freaks dont give up control. Might be bits round the edges that are helped by Munn being there such as the players getting in Levys ear as we saw on the documentary but ultimately the bigger decisions, manager, bigger transfers etc will always go through him.

Even with Paratici who he bizarrely trusted, Levy still stuck his oar in for Spence, Richy, and Porro.

ATM we don't even have a DOF to act as the go between.

We will have done max 2 deals before deadline day, sky will be parked outside the training ground and we will get a bunch of deals that will end up being too difficult to do. All the excuses will be very plausible and completely acceptable.

Even with Paratici who he bizarrely trusted, Levy still stuck his oar in for Spence, Richy, and Porro.

ATM we don't even have a DOF to act as the go between.

We will have done max 2 deals before deadline day, sky will be parked outside the training ground and we will get a bunch of deals that will end up being too difficult to do. All the excuses will be very plausible and completely acceptable.
With Munn and Postecoglou i'm not expecting a DoF. Ange likes to be hands on with transfers by all accounts. Probably be looking at more of a head of recruitment, wouldnt surprise me if they just promoted from within. Whatever it is they do they need to get a move on.

With Munn and Postecoglou i'm not expecting a DoF. Ange likes to be hands on with transfers by all accounts. Probably be looking at more of a head of recruitment, wouldnt surprise me if they just promoted from within. Whatever it is they do they need to get a move on.

Have already shared my thoughts on handing the keys to the squad to a coach on a 2 year contract, not doing it again.

If they bring in or promote a Sports Director that head up recruiting the squad, that could work as long as they get on well with Ange and there is a plan that lasts longer than a 2+1 contract.

Have already shared my thoughts on handing the keys to the squad to a coach on a 2 year contract, not doing it again.

If they bring in or promote a Sports Director that head up recruiting the squad, that could work as long as they get on well with Ange and there is a plan that lasts longer than a 2+1 contract.
Agree. Wonder if the guy from Brentford might be the best shout now. Scouts on data, seems like he has common sense. The last thing we need is a wheeler dealer old school Paratici type getting in everyones way.

Ashes test , lol

Winner gets a small urn containing the ashes of Spurs fans dreams and ambitions .

That’s on Levy not Ange , Ange deserves a full season of our support
Once the season starts I won't say anything about him one way or the other because at that point he's Spurs and that's the team I support. We're stuck with him now.

Back
Top Bottom