Next Seasons Kit Sponsor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AIA Or HP ?

• Total voters
Players are told what boots to wear by their sponsors. Why do you think so many wear the same pair?

Is it then okay for money and sponsorship to compromise on our sacred traditions? There aren't any other colour schemes or models of boots?

Look, I don't want to get into an argument on the whole "Never Red" thing here, as I know the sensitivity of the colour myself and wouldn't personally want to associate it with Spurs. I just don't think that chap is doing it to deliberately offend or mug anyone off.

I can recommend a couple of good optitions for you. I find your possition on this odd. But you are entitled to your opinion. I can see no point debating this with you if you see no red on his scarf.

I can see red on his scarf, but that doesn't make it a red scarf.

If you had a black suit with beige lining, does it make it a beige suit?

87J19BBLK_large.jpg

Sigh, and I sometimes wonder why people unfairly attack Americans and throw all sorts of stereotypes at them.

I wouldn't want to mess with Asia... I think some people forget that Asia is, technically, the most powerful continent by a sheer number of reasons.

Russia, China, India, Japan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Singapore..... Lot of money, lot of oil, lot of tech and probably the majority of the nukes

I wouldn't want to mess with Asia... I think some people forget that Asia is, technically, the most powerful continent by a sheer number of reasons.

Russia, China, India, Japan, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Singapore..... Lot of money, lot of oil, lot of tech and probably the majority of the nukes

I wouldn't screw with Asia because there are tons of nukes and stuff here and plenty of wackos who WOULD press the button :adegrin2:

Where do you draw the line of what comprises asia though? The politics, economy, society of the ME is very different to that of say Russia or China, you're pretty much using a name to collectivize half of the planet!

Only Russia has the true nuclear advantage. China has fewer than 100.
I'm hoping this was a joke

U havn a gigle m8? I swear me mum ill fuk u up for runnin ya yamma.

So why not attack 80% of our players who wear red.

That's my point.

Plus, the 'anti-red' of Spurs is hardly a law or rule, any supporter from Asia would look at the crowd and you often see people wearing red. Players wear red. Seems stupid to slag a fan off from a culture that at least had an excuse (if it were at all intentional)

Should they attack this girl or her father who dressed her?
115918632_spurs_352232c.jpg

Should supporter's clubs know better than to use flags with red on?
Tottenham-Fans.jpg

It just seems completely unfair for one guy to be attacked whilst many others are hardly blinked at
General clothing I don't have a problem with, but to suggest a young girl wearing her red scarf and hat or the Union Jack is the same as a member of Singapore Spurs coming over and standing in the dressing room with a red scarf that has a Spurs badge on it (whether that is the inside or the outside of the scarf) is not right.

England's colours are red and white. I would have no problem buying the red shirt. But I wouldn't wear it to a Spurs game...

I don't think Adidas made Becks have his kids named sewn into his boots, nor do I think they make any other players wear particular coloured boots. They would sponsor them to wear particular variations of the boots they make, but they would be allowed to choose the colour.

Case in point is Van der Vaart - understood the rivalry and, to my knowledge, is one of the only ones who never wore red boots for spurs.
I genuinely didn't know he 'opted out' of wearing red boots. Nor did I know they could specify, just assumed they get allocated and that's that. I know they have them personalised, but didn't think they had a colour chart to choose from. Fuck me World Cup 2010 when they all had silver and orange!! Drove me nuts...

But more to the point, the scarf is Spurs merchandise (albeit maybe knock-off), boots aren't. If Spurs did sell boots, I'd bet my bottom dollar none of them would be red.

Is it then okay for money and sponsorship to compromise on our sacred traditions? There aren't any other colour schemes or models of boots?

Look, I don't want to get into an argument on the whole "Never Red" thing here, as I know the sensitivity of the colour myself and wouldn't personally want to associate it with Spurs. I just don't think that chap is doing it to deliberately offend or mug anyone off.
I don't think he's an undercover Gooner trying to take the piss out of us. But I don't think he should be representing Singapore's Spurs fanbase by wearing a red scarf.

And how did a red scarf lead to discussing the number of nukes certain countries have?

It's no fucking wonder wars start with attitudes like that! "We've got more nukes than you! Ner nicky ner ner" "No you haven't!" "We have, let me show you..."

It never ceases to amaze me how defensive the yanks on here get when their ability to govern the world is questioned.

Back
Top Bottom