north upper today

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Had no idea this was going on at all! I did see a guy ins wheelchair being given oxygen outside the park lane about 5 mins after kick off (I was running late for the game) but can't have been the same bloke?

Had no idea this was going on at all! I did see a guy ins wheelchair being given oxygen outside the park lane about 5 mins after kick off (I was running late for the game) but can't have been the same bloke?
No definitely not. The guy who had the cardiac arrest was only stretchered away from his seat about 30 minutes into the game.

I'm embarrassed to say that I was too wrapped up in the game to have even spotted it. :(

Mind you, nobody around me seemed to either. But then I was about as far away from that block as possible in the PL upper.

Last edited:
It was quite near the back, so it may have been blocked from you by the roof.
Yeah, I was in Block 39 near the TV broadcast box but a bit further up. At the very least part of the BU was obscured by the jumbotron.

At least the guy is doing well.

Wasn't there an old chap as well who dropped in the Shelf Side last season during an evening game?

I also didn't see this yesterday, being too engrossed in the game, but I sincerely hope that the guy recovers and makes it back to the Lane again. This is pretty poignant for me; my Grandad was a lifelong Charlton fan and had a heart attack during a match at the Valley which he didn't recover from. Hang in there old fella.

Although in the Paxton, didn't appreciate that this was happening, although I heard the applause and wondered what was going on - assumed it was an old player or some celeb. Thank goodness he was seen to quickly, and the London Chest is the best place for anyone with a heart problem, they really have the best staff.

Amazing for someone to be stable and walking 2 days after a cardiac arrest. Truly remarkable.

If something as dreadful as this is going to happen to you, having it occur at a modern football ground is probably second best only to it happening on the doorstep of a hospital.

Smoked Salmon said:
Wasn't there an old chap as well who dropped in the Shelf Side last season during an evening game?
There was an old guy that had one in the west upper near the Paxton end a season or two ago? I can't remember whether he made it :(

I remember someone being taken very ill at the League Cup semi against ArseAnal Under-11's (and yes, someone did speculate at the time, it was the shock of us being 5-1 up!) but that was years ago...

Glad to hear this girl's poor Dad is recovering...It seems she went to the game last weekend, so that's probably as good a sign as any... but I wonder if anyone dared ask her if she had a spare for the Paxton...? I can't imagine she 'stub-hubbed' it!

Back
Top Bottom