Now is not the time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Your "expectations" are futile if they don't take into account what's going on around us too....

In case you hadn't noticed the richest team 'ever' won a treble last year.

Meanwhile another team that finished above is pipped us to the ONLY other trophy available to us.

We're not catagorically the best team in the country so to DEMAND (expect) a trophy is delusional. entitlement.

And what about the previous seasons?

Woolwich have had an inferior side to us but have won 3 FA Cups in the last 6 years, they are not the richest team in the league - they have an owner that is bleeding the club dry. Why is that?

United won an FA cup in a season where we finished above them and crashed out to Palace at home in that cup. They also won the UEFA cup in a season where again we finished above them and got knocked out by Gent. What is the rationale for this?

Why are we the only club in the top 6 to have not won a trophy in the last 5 seasons when we have have higher consistent finishes than sides other than City? Why are we the exception here?

It's petulance like this that puts people off of you.

I agreed with with you that expectation "needn't" come into it ,and offered that it often does regardless.

If you agree, then why falsely contradict me (seemingly with no broader point, t'boot)?

"It's petulance like this that puts people off of you."

IRONY ALERT!!!!

....Low and behold that quote DIRECTLY and entirely applies to you (petty contradiction is your speciality - You're exhibiting it right now!).... Save me the personality lectures until you're prepared to check yourself first (which you clearly aren't).

If you agree, then why falsely contradict me (seemingly with no broader point, t'boot)?

"It's petulance like this that puts people off of you."

IRONY ALERT!!!!

....Low and behold that quote DIRECTLY and entirely applies to you (petty contradiction is your speciality - You're exhibiting it right now!).... Save me the personality lectures until you're prepared to check yourself first (which you clearly aren't).

Zzzzzz

He asked me what I’m expecting next season and I said silverware because with the team we have we should be expecting that.

As I said before there is no hiding place left for Pochettino - the stadium excuses is gone, the spend excuse is no longer there. If he fails again next season I suspect manager more are going to start to wake up to this.
Excuse me for butting in, and I may be way off the mark, but it comes across that you want Poch to fail miserably, so you can say "I told you so".

Excuse me for butting in, and I may be way off the mark, but it comes across that you want Poch to fail miserably, so you can say "I told you so".

Surely by now it is apparent just how much I want us to win a trophy. I would love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong - I like him, think he is a good manager. It’s just that I don’t think he has the talent to do that though.

Surely by now it is apparent just how much I want us to win a trophy. I would love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong - I like him, think he is a good manager. It’s just that I don’t think he has the talent to do that though.
Fair enough, but can't agree with your last comment though. Only time will tell I suppose.

Let me get this straight.
When we play well and win, its because we have elite players and an elite squad. Nothing to do with Poch.

When those elite players play badly (see CL final) and lose it's Poch's fault.

Got it.

Let me get this straight.
When we play well and win, its because we have elite players and an elite squad. Nothing to do with Poch.

When those elite players play badly (see CL final) and lose it's Poch's fault.

Got it.

Perhaps you may want to underhand the point at hand before entering into the thread with such a clumsy attempt.

That is the point
The Hood "I hold everyone at the club accountable..........but I only criticise Poch"

See ya

I do but I don’t need to be be critical of the board on the whole because they have delivered a new training ground, stadium and have provided one of the best squads in the league. Pochettino on the other hand isn’t getting the maximum out of the personnel he has been given - it’s Redknapp all over gain. We have an elite board, and elite squad but do not have an elite manager.

Last edited:
I do but I don’t need to be be critical of the board on the whole because they have delivered a new training ground, stadium and have provide one of the best squads in the league. Pochettino on the other hand isn’t getting the maximum out of the personnel he has been given - it’s Redknapp all over gain. We have an elite board, and elite squad but do lot have an elite manager.
So only Poch is to blame for losing the Cl, not the players for playing below their ability.

:pochfacepalm:

Yeah, Poch out...what a fucking weirdo...I'm done.

So only Poch is to blame for losing the Cl, not the players for playing below their ability.

This is is level I have to contend with - absolutely no point in the thread have I said Poch out or talked about the Champions League Final.

It’s does make me laugh that when people claim the manager is not to blame for a poor performance it’s the players. It’s the role of the manager to get them to perform, to implement the right formation and tactics, to give them the required mindset.

We had been in free fall results once since February resulting in our worst run since 2008. But that had no bearing on the CL final of course and the manager isn't responsible for getting results he?

This is is level I have to contend with - absolutely no point in the thread have I said Poch out or talked about the Champions League Final.

It’s does make me laugh that when people claim the manager is not to blame for a poor performance it’s the players. It’s the role of the manager to get them to perform, to implement the right formation and tactics, to give them the required mindset.

We had been in free fall results once since February resulting in our worst run since 2008. But that had no bearing on the CL final of course and the manager isn't responsible for getting results he?
We get it, you hate Pochettino...and there's no convincing you otherwise, so what's the point in trying?

Back
Top Bottom