O/T West Ham Named Olympic Stadium Preferred Bidders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to them, they deserve it...

bored-jester-in-empty-stadium-uid.jpg

West Ham United's joint chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold issued a joint statement, saying: ''We believe that this move, together with the realisation of other key goals that the Board set out to achieve from the outset, will play a huge part in helping to realise our ambitious vision to move the club to the next level on behalf of our fantastic and deserving fans."

So they believe playing in a half empty stadium will help them achieve Premier league mediocrity...fair play

I believe this is on the wrong thread, as THFC have never had any interest whatsoever in the Olympic Stadium (it was all lies). :levywtf: :levystare: :levyeyes: :levylol:

I'm hoping that when the Premiership bubble eventually bursts - which it will do - that song of theirs will never be more fitting.

I've always liked the atmosphere at their ground, maybe their one redeeming feature. Having been to the Olympic stadium during the summer, the main thing it is not suited for is football.
Sitting on the upper tier will still be miles from the other side of the pitch. And I can't see how putting some deckchairs out on the running track every couple of weeks is going to change the rest of the stadium that much.

I recall an illustration that overlaid the main stand at Upton Park againt the Olympic Stadium.

Lined up at the pitch, the first row of the OS is equivalent to the middle of the road behind the main stand at UP.

I will try and dig it out later...

Genuinely will feel sorry for their fans if this goes ahead. I know there's a lot of them that are cunts but this would be so bad for football it's unreal. Their ground now is quality and the one thing I like about it is the old school vibe you see there, 2 ends always standing, always lots of noise. Know a few decent fans as well and I know that they don't want it to happen.

I still say Spurs will take the stadium :sandro:

nah!.. europes first nfl franchise..london monarchs..put money on it...lldc openly put insurmountable pressure on west ham today after the "prefered bidder" bollocks saying they have other "options" if a deal cant be done with west ham(which wont be done)

Actually feel a bit sorry for them. Moving out of what is a lively ground to an abortion of a stadium devoid of any atmosphere. Those pictures are shocking.

The fact most West Ham fans that support it can only talk about "great infrastructue" is a sad indictment of the game today

nah!.. europes first nfl franchise..london monarchs..put money on it...lldc openly put insurmountable pressure on west ham today after the "prefered bidder" bollocks saying they have other "options" if a deal cant be done with west ham(which wont be done)
preferable

Actually feel a bit sorry for them. Moving out of what is a lively ground to an abortion of a stadium devoid of any atmosphere. Those pictures are shocking.

The fact most West Ham fans that support it can only talk about "great infrastructue" is a sad indictment of the game today
In truth they have a nice little football stadium

They seem to think that having the Olympic Stadium will make them one of the big boys. And are deluded in thinking they will get 60000 fans a week. They will still be small fry, and they will struggle to pay the rent in the championship.

Back
Top Bottom