Olympique de Marseille VS Tottenham Hotspur. Tuesday 1st November. UEFA Champions League. 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loved the way Emerson got stuck in from the moment he came on; Conte's persistence with him has been infuriating but he was one of the game changers tonight. The fans were underwhelmed with Alan Mullery's ability on the ball when he first joined but he won us over with the aggression and work-ethic in his play and earned the nickname of The Tank. Maybe we need to think of Emerson in similar terms.

*imo. Not getting into semantics, I just think personally he is a better leader.

I also believe that having a CM as a captain is better for everyone in terms of communication.

Whatever Harry is capable of bringing as captain he should be bringing as an outfield leader anyway at this point......

Nominating someone else when Hugo steps down makes sense IMO.

You can say it's shit...cos it was. But the amount of 'Conte Out', abusing our players or similar at half time is ridiculous and pathetic.
That is and always was football. Like everything its been exacerbated by digital media the way to avoid that is to avoid online spaces. I'd simply not take it seriously as half the time it's just emotion. But people rightly called out what was wrong during that first half and the result doesn’t change that.

That is and always was football. Like everything its been exacerbated by digital media the way to avoid that is to avoid online spaces. I'd simply not take it seriously as half the time it's just emotion. But people rightly called out what was wrong during that first half and the result doesn’t change that.
So we agree?

If you spend all match in the stands shouting abuse at the team who then go on to win, you look a dick.

If you do it online, you look a dick.

And for clarity, I'm not saying people are wrong to express disappointment with our first half performance cos it was shit. However, some on here melt worse than a really melty thing!

Back
Top Bottom