ORBAN WATCH

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really don't get why it's so hard to understand this, or your point on Orban.

Bentancur and Kulusevski were bench riders for Juve, and their fans couldn't wait to get shot of them. I bet they're wondering, particularly with Bentancur, where that player was when he wore their colours.

Yeah I doubt they're that arsed about either other than their first 6 months or so.

I doubt Orban would've been successful for us. He had a flashy highlight reel of goals but loads of posters clocked that he struggled with lots of physical elements of the game. Ligue 1 is a physical league (just like the Prem) and he's likely struggled with that.

If you can't make it at these levels you ain't making it here.

In the same way I’m always reading about players we didn’t sign that do wonderfully elsewhere, he may have been brilliant here. We’ll never know.

All the clues led to him being an absolute flop here, normally when no other teams go after a player like that and they end up in Ligue 1 it tells you that he wasn't good enough, the fact that he started this season is poor form after being red hot tells you he is miles away.

All the clues led to him being an absolute flop here, normally when no other teams go after a player like that and they end up in Ligue 1 it tells you that he wasn't good enough, the fact that he started this season is poor form after being red hot tells you he is miles away.
I don’t disagree with your opinion on him to be honest. Just saying that different circumstances lead to different outcomes.

Bentancur and Kulusevski were bench riders for Juve, and their fans couldn't wait to get shot of them. I bet they're wondering, particularly with Bentancur, where that player was when he wore their colours.

Probably the biggest example of players suiting some teams, but not others, is Thierry Henry. Stunk the place out at, ironically, Juve again, but set the World alight for the filth.

Varon for Utd, Shevchenko for Chelsea, the list goes on for players that have flourished in one team, but been hot garbage for another.

Then you get the 'I KNOW what would have happened' merchants deriding 'we'll never know' because, you know, they actually KNOW.

I guess us mere mortals just have to accept that Dr Strange really does exist, and he's viewed the multiverse.

Who did that?

I don’t disagree with your opinion on him to be honest. Just saying that different circumstances lead to different outcomes.

Yeah you're right it could have been different, I just think someone like him who would be hailed as the Harry Kane replacement and would be expected to hit the ground running would have put a massive load of pressure on him, it's hard enough for seasoned vets like Richy initially struggled at the start of the season.

Really it comes down to mentality more than anything.

Probably the biggest example of players suiting some teams, but not others, is Thierry Henry. Stunk the place out at, ironically, Juve again, but set the World alight for the filth.

Varon for Utd, Shevchenko for Chelsea, the list goes on for players that have flourished in one team, but been hot garbage for another.

Then you get the 'I KNOW what would have happened' merchants deriding 'we'll never know' because, you know, they actually KNOW.

I guess us mere mortals just have to accept that Dr Strange really does exist, and he's viewed the multiverse.

These are some incredible false equivalences by the way

All the players you mentioned were established international seasoned footballers playing for top clubs already, Orban hasn't been capped for Nigeria and the highest level of competition was playing against Conference League opposition.

These are some incredible false equivalences by the way

All the players you mentioned were established international seasoned footballers playing for top clubs already, Orban hasn't been capped for Nigeria and the highest level of competition was playing against Conference League opposition.
It's not at all. If anything it highlights that even seasoned internationals can fail at certain clubs.

Regardless, the point being made was that we'll never know, as it is highly unlikely that he'll ever play for us.

Back
Top Bottom