Other Stadiums and Training Grounds

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

maxresdefault.jpg

Where the lads will be playing next week. Assuming that we are let into the country.

Last edited:
Just read this thread from start to finish.
Great read and particularly interesting was the break down of fans share in Spain. That’s shocking and not conducive to a good league IMO.

Has anyone got further updates on whether these stadium plans have been affected by the massive loss in revenue clubs are facing?
Plus the still uncertainty on whether full capacity crowds will be allowed next season.

So just looked up the page and saw this post re Fulham's new stand and I thought that's funny I've not heard much about this anymore. Just checked and they still haven't opened it yet!! To put it into perspective Tottenham moved out, knocked down their old stadium, built a brand new one (which is acclaimed to be the best in the world) quicker than Fulham have built one 8k capacity stand!!

Fulham's new stand will not be ready until the Summer of '22!!!

So just looked up the page and saw this post re Fulham's new stand and I thought that's funny I've not heard much about this anymore. Just checked and they still haven't opened it yet!! To put it into perspective Tottenham moved out, knocked down their old stadium, built a brand new one (which is acclaimed to be the best in the world) quicker than Fulham have built one 8k capacity stand!!

Fulham's new stand will not be ready until the Summer of '22!!!
Global pandemic and Brexit have probably had an influence.

Also the stand is on the bank of the Thames so it's was always going to be a difficult project

Global pandemic and Brexit have probably had an influence.

Also the stand is on the bank of the Thames so it's was always going to be a difficult project

One of the only industries that weren't shut down by the pandemic was the construction industry. I understand that towards the end of the pandemic there were supply issues for materials (steel/concrete etc) but still quite staggering just how long this has taken by comparison to our build.

(I do think it's a fantastic stand and has still preserved the whole feel of this great old stadium, which IMO is one of the best places to watch a football match, not just when in the ground but I just have always loved the whole day out there).

Edit:
Found this and this is what it looks like from the opposite side of the Thames as of just 2 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom