Other Stadiums and Training Grounds

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the only industries that weren't shut down by the pandemic was the construction industry. I understand that towards the end of the pandemic there were supply issues for materials (steel/concrete etc) but still quite staggering just how long this has taken by comparison to our build.

(I do think it's a fantastic stand and has still preserved the whole feel of this great old stadium, which IMO is one of the best places to watch a football match, not just when in the ground but I just have always loved the whole day out there).

Edit:
Found this and this is what it looks like from the opposite side of the Thames as of just 2 weeks ago

Agree. Got a real soft spot for Craven Cottage. Often used to go up there (I grew up in south London) to watch a game. Even went to a rave in that river side old stand once.

Agree. Got a real soft spot for Craven Cottage. Often used to go up there (I grew up in south London) to watch a game. Even went to a rave in that river side old stand once.
I guy that used to work for me was a big Fulham fan (lived around the corner from the stadium too) and he would often get his hands on the bloke's ST that sat next to him, so I'd end up going 4 or 5 times a season. His seat was in this stand on the Riverside (prefer the opposite side at the seats were still wooden which kinda added to the atmosphere of the place) but what was great was to get to his seat we would enter the ground on the opposite side, then go to the pitchside and walk around the pitch, the smell of the turf always sparking the senses.

I've zero love/hate for the Club just absolutely love this stadium and the extended day out, Pubs and journey etc.. As a travelling fan the only real downside was playing there in Jan/Feb in sub-zero temps, the wind would come off the Thames and attack that away end with all its might.

BBC are stating that WHU are to increase the Olympic staduim by 2500 to 62500, which apparently makes it the biggest Premier league ground in London.....
Could at least get their facts right.

Real Madrid are going all in on their new stadium.

They've knicked the retractable pitch idea from us, but with a twist.

I did chuckle at them showing footage of honorary socio, Luka Doncic to hype up having NBA games in the stadium, but not using the colours for his club in the graphics. I guess the Mavericks are not illustrious enough to be associated with Real Madrid.

Real Madrid are going all in on their new stadium.

They've knicked the retractable pitch idea from us, but with a twist.

I did chuckle at them showing footage of honorary socio, Luka Doncic to hype up having NBA games in the stadium, but not using the colours for his club in the graphics. I guess the Mavericks are not illustrious enough to be associated with Real Madrid.

Looking like an NFL style pitch there too...... Perhaps RM are destined to be #AnchorTenants for sports entertainment complex too......

Scenes. :pocheyes:

4llpffcpanx71.jpg

The Real Salt Lake groundsmen cut the image of their former player and captain Kyle Beckerman into the pitch. Beckerman played 534 games for Salt Lake. A nice little tribute.

Quite incredible the amount of shit we took over the time it took the development of our new stadium.

By contrast, Fulham's New Stand is still being built!

This was just 13days ago............

and this from the river as of 3 weeks...........

In the same time it took us to demolish old WHL, move out to Wembley whilst building an entire new 63k stadium they haven't even finished the completion of one stand.

(think the stand is cool though, wouldn't mind one of the flats in it if I'm honest).

As you were.

Quite incredible the amount of shit we took over the time it took the development of our new stadium.

In the same time it took us to demolish old WHL, move out to Wembley whilst building an entire new 63k stadium they haven't even finished the completion of one stand.

(think the stand is cool though, wouldn't mind one of the flats in it if I'm honest).

As you were.

Yeah been ages, hopefully they get promoted (almost guaranteed)

As you were.

I think the ground foundations which is, let's be honest not firm soil, made it a bit trickier to build on and along with covid dragged out the development. I seem to remember there was being nice balconies and terraces in the flat montages with loads of greens in it, have those been cut out? Looks a bit boring, although I like the roof shape.

I think the ground foundations which is, let's be honest not firm soil, made it a bit trickier to build on and along with covid dragged out the development. I seem to remember there was being nice balconies and terraces in the flat montages with loads of greens in it, have those been cut out? Looks a bit boring, although I like the roof shape.
I'm guessing here but think most London construction sites were full steam ahead during COVID (might have been some material supply chain issues, but think most were experienced at the private individual level than main commercial structures - I'm guessing here). Another way to look at it is that COVID was an advantage to the build as fans weren't allowed into the ground (the other 3 stands). (There was an increased number of other construction projects carried out in London as a direct consequence of this too).

Right about the foundation aspects but this was planned for, this was supposed to be completed a year ago!

Went to union Berlin yesterday and they clinched Europa League. Amazing - 22k capacity, pretty much all standing was bouncing

Ground is on the edge of a forest and most people cycle to the ground. Recommend for a trip

Don't know. Looking at his profile/content on YouTube, the Spurs stadium build is all he done, apart from a couple of other football related ones. His last vid was in 2019.

Oh ok. Strange.

The Everton stadium is coming on though. I had no idea they’d progressed so far. Won’t be as good as ours obviously but if they stay in the division it’s only going to help them going forward

Back
Top Bottom