Our signings since Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who are your top 3 signings

• Kieran Trippier

• Christian Eriksen

• Juan Foyth

• Toby Alderweirald

• Paulo Gazzanigga

• Dele Ali

• Paulinho

• Son Heung-Min

• Roberto Soldado

• Davinson Sanchez

• Fernando Llorente

• Davinson Sanchez

• Vladimir Chireches

• Erik Lamella

• Eric Dier

• Serge Aurier

• Ettienne Capou

• Gerge Kevin N'koudu

• Lucas Moura

• Victor Wanyama

• Kevin Wimmer

• Michel Vorm

• Moussa Sissoko

• Ben Davies

• Nacer Chadli

Results are only viewable after voting.
What's the point of this thread?

By saying "Using any criteria you wish, who's been our best one. If it's a tough call, no problem. You get two votes" you prevent any meaningful outcome ....

Best financial signature - that gives you Dele, Eriksen
Best defensive player - that gives you Toby, Gaza,
Best attacking - that gives you Son, Lamella
Most heart - that gives you Moussa, Moura

Now those answers are subjective and might off course be different for other voters, but equally they could all be considered correct answers to the vague question posed in this thread.

Not against polls at all, but JT exactly what conclusion were you looking to establish?

18 of the 25 were good signings, which is a fantastic strike rate for transfers.
In the other group of 7 you have Soldado and Paulinho that I think every fan would have expected to be successful, I was very excited about both those, and Capoue, who we can see is a very good player that just didn't fit with us.

What's the point of this thread?
By saying "Using any criteria you wish, who's been our best one. If it's a tough call, no problem. You get two votes" you prevent any meaningful outcome ....
Not against polls at all, but JT exactly what conclusion were you looking to establish?
I thought it would be interesting, and fun, to see which of our signings since Bale our fans thought the most succesful. Because we all asses transfers differently, i.e value for money, impact on the first team, consistent performer etc by allowing people to use the criteria most important to them a true result would emerge.
So I think its fair to say it's looking like Eriksen will be the clear winner, with Toby a comfortable runner up.

Fucking grumpy old cunt.

There were also 5 that I couldn't fit on the list. Stambouli, Lopez, Yedlin, Fazio and N'jie

If you add in these obvious duds to the list of 24 (Sanchez twice). It shows how appalling our transfers have been since Bale.

There are the obvious superstars:

Eriksen, Dele, Son, Alderweireld, Sissoko (after a rocky start).

You're left with

Kieran Trippier Average after a good World Cup
Juan Foyth Jury's out - has potential
Paulo Gazzanigga Has potential as Lloris No. 2
Paulinho Dud
Roberto Soldado Superdud
Davinson Sanchez Jury's out - has potential
Fernando Llorente Dud
Vladimir Chiriches Superdud
Erik Lamela Dud
Eric Dier Average at best - played out of position IMO
Serge Aurier Jury's out - one more season to prove himself
Ettienne Capou Average
George Kevin N'koudu Superdud
Lucas Moura Jury's out - one more season to prove himself
Victor Wanyama Only 27 One more season to prove injury free
Kevin Wimmer Dud
Michel Vorm Backup to Lloris
Ben Davies Average
Nacer Chadli Average

No idea where '18 out of the 25' have been 'good'

Last edited:
If you add in these obvious duds to the list of 24 (Sanchez twice). It shows how appalling our transfers have been since Bale.

There are the obvious superstars:

Eriksen, Dele, Son, Alderweireld, Sissoko (after a rocky start).

You're left with

Kieran Trippier Average after a good World Cup
Juan Foyth Jury's out - has potential
Paulo Gazzanigga Has potential as Lloris No. 2
Paulinho Dud
Roberto Soldado Superdud
Davinson Sanchez Jury's out - has potential
Fernando Llorente Dud
Vladimir Chiriches Superdud
Erik Lamela Dud
Eric Dier Average at best - played out of position IMO
Serge Aurier Jury's out - one more season to prove himself
Ettienne Capou Average
George Kevin N'koudu Superdud
Lucas Moura Jury's out - one more season to prove himself
Victor Wanyama Only 27 One more season to prove injury free
Kevin Wimmer Dud
Michel Vorm Backup to Lloris
Ben Davies Average
Nacer Chadli Average

No idea where '18 out of the 25' have been 'good'
Wimmer deputised really well in Jans absence. Found game time limited in season two so we flogged him for over 300% profit. I’d call him a good signing.

Wimmer deputised really well in Jans absence. Found game time limited in season two so we flogged him for over 300% profit. I’d call him a good signing.

Really depends on what 'good' means. If he was that good he'd still be here.

I look at how players can improve the team rather than what we can flog them for. Stoke (I think) paying what they did for him was outrageously good luck on our part.

Really depends on what 'good' means. If he was that good he'd still be here.

I look at how players can improve the team rather than what we can flog them for. Stoke (I think) paying what they did for him was outrageously good luck on our part.
well not necessarily - not being able to oust Jan from being first choice doesn't make him not good.

Even if we take profit out of the equation - he was bought as low risk, cheap cover for Jan, and he performed that task perfectly well - probably better than expected in his first season. Getting adequate cover for a player of Jans quality for only £4m is a ridiculous. His contribution certainly stacked up well against his cost and what he was brought in to do.

I used the criteria of who I think has the biggest cock.
I reckon Sissoko would have a trouser snake that would rival an alpine horn, tho not in ease of getting your lips round the end

as19.jpg

Back
Top Bottom