Our worst Manager in the PL ERA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our Worst Manager in the PL ERA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't know how anyone can vote for Ramos. League form was poor, yes, but that League Cup still ranks as one of the most glorious days for Spurs that I have had the fortune to witness. Nothing in our recent history comes close to winning a trophy at Wembley, even if it is the least glamorous one around.

I believe Defoe was born to be an impact sub whether he likes it or not. He is way more effective when he comes off the bench than when he starts a game from the first minute. Didn't he score over 100 goals as an impact sub? He could prove very useful for us from this point of view, wouldn't want to sell him in January.

Definitely, not that he isn't useful as a starter, but he's in that special little box with Solksjaer and perhaps Hernandez to an extent? (at least it looks like way because he rarely starts).

I still don't understand why we didn't keep him - ended up buying him back in the same way as Keane - except Defoe cost us money whereas I think we made money off Liverpool for Robbie

Definitely, not that he isn't useful as a starter, but he's in that special little box with Solksjaer and perhaps Hernandez to an extent? (at least it looks like way because he rarely starts).

I still don't understand why we didn't keep him - ended up buying him back in the same way as Keane - except Defoe cost us money whereas I think we made money off Liverpool for Robbie

In Ramos and Comolli's defence on this point at the time we had an in-form Keane and Berbatov and JD was doing his (now hackneyed) media "I deserve to be starting" parade.

I actually think it worked out well for both parties - the little we lost on the buy back have us an inform player with more games under his belt.

he's not there, but Pleat surely. Ok he was never a full first time manager, but one season he was manager for half of it I believe and he is just awful at everything. Team selection, man management, tactics, talking and curb crawling. An awful manager

As he isn't their I've had to go for the next worst thing and say Gross

Wasn't it Ramos who froze JD out, but every time he brought him on as a sub he scored.

Then sold him in January :defoe:

to this guy
:harrysmile:

Although winning the cup against Chelsea I remember being hungover after a trip to Blackpool and hearing Woody had scored. Never forget that hangover...

Robbie Keane was the highest goalscorer in the entire Premier League in 2007 to be fair, all Ramos did was to continue to pick Keane and Berbatov when they were both on form.

Robbie Keane was the highest goalscorer in the entire Premier League in 2007 to be fair, all Ramos did was to continue to pick Keane and Berbatov when they were both on form.

I know that they were making a good partnership at that time, but if you have an impact player on the bench who can score then why get rid?

Did JD ask for a transfer? I'm sure Ramos just got rid - that's how I remember it? :defoe:

I know that they were making a good partnership at that time, but if you have an impact player on the bench who can score then why get rid?

Did JD ask for a transfer? I'm sure Ramos just got rid - that's how I remember it? :defoe:

Defoe's contract was running down and wouldn't sign a new one

Defoe's contract was running down and wouldn't sign a new one

Had another look now, he had 18 months left at that point and there's this:

Jermain Defoe says Tottenham Hotspur boss Juande Ramos now wants him to stay at White Hart Lane.

Earlier this month, the Spurs striker revealed that he had been told he could leave the club by Ramos.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_3066950,00.html

"At first, I thought it was a joke. I thought he was going to say I would be starting against Woolwich in the Carling Cup, which was why he didn't give me a game against Reading at the weekend.

"But he just said 'You can leave if you want to'. Yet I have no intentions of leaving this club because I love it here.

"I would love to sign a new contract - and I know people at the top of the club want me to stay.

"But no one can expect me to sign a new deal if I can't get a game."

While Ramos is happy for Defoe to leave, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is desperate for the striker to stay.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/tottenhams-defoe-ramos-doesnt-want-me-163678#.Url_oPRr6Sp

:levywtf::defoe:

I always had a soft spot for Gross. He was the sort of guy who'd tell you after a 10 goal drubbing that he thought the team still played well. I liked his positivity and his little clown face. :love:

Back
Top Bottom