Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Both bad and perfect timing to have a game again almost right after last night.

Great because we can go for a win and forget Chelsea. Bad because of how ragged our squad is right now

Both bad and perfect timing to have a game again almost right after last night.

Great because we can go for a win and forget Chelsea. Bad because of how ragged our squad is right now
i like the FA cup but honestly part of me hopes he literally just puts out an academy team to give everyone else a rest.

We can’t afford to lose any more players to injury, can Lamela play Sunday and then be in contention again on Wednesday? Winks needs a rest, with Davies out and Rose playing yesterday surely he gets rested for Wednesday

i like the FA cup but honestly part of me hopes he literally just puts out an academy team to give everyone else a rest.
definitely has to be a few youngsters involved. Ben and Moose are apparently fine as is Rose. But they could probably do with some rest

our tickets all sold out? My better half lives in Lewisham, so not exactly difficult to get to the game... might treat her.

Absolutely have to win this.

I want the FA cup.

Nope, I think we need to be really sensible.

We cannot afford any more injuries so whilst I would love us to win, it sadly cannot be at the expense of risking further injuries to key players.

What is or should be in our favour is that Palace are likely to have one eye on their midweek game.

Being able to rest Llorente, who showed up at least in the 2nd half is also important.

definitely has to be a few youngsters involved. Ben and Moose are apparently fine as is Rose. But they could probably do with some rest

... and Vertonghen, Winks, Alderweireld, Eriksen. All playing every game because there is no squad depth. As will Dier and Lamela (who were decidedly average last night), and probably Llorente. Was Lamela even playing?

If you're fit, then you're in. Squad depth, last summer etc. etc.

1st time ive ever said this, screw the Cup!
Couldn't disagree more, personally.

I feel like we massively need this, both as a fanbase and the players/ manager themselves; no signings, stadium delays, the cesspit that is Wembley, more injuries than the opening 10 minutes of Saving Private Ryan... you get my point.

Let's fucking go all out for this cup if we can, squad permitting - sure get a couple of the younger kids involved but let's not throw away an opportunity to win some silverware for the first time in over a decade.

Last night hurt and I want us to put the hurt on someone else to make up for it.

Nope, I think we need to be really sensible.

We cannot afford any more injuries so whilst I would love us to win, it sadly cannot be at the expense of risking further injuries to key players.

What is or should be in our favour is that Palace are likely to have one eye on their midweek game.

Being able to rest Llorente, who showed up at least in the 2nd half is also important.

Rest Llorente??

He’s hardly had a busy season

But I don’t think he’s worth his place in any case
A good goal last night but other than that he was a total liability

Mrs B would like to see him in tight trousers doing a Flamenco dance though

:dude:

Couldn't disagree more, personally.

I feel like we massively need this, both as a fanbase and the players/ manager themselves; no signings, stadium delays, the cesspit that is Wembley, more injuries than the opening 10 minutes of Saving Private Ryan... you get my point.

Let's fucking go all out for this cup if we can, squad permitting - sure get a couple of the younger kids involved but let's not throw away an opportunity to win some silverware for the first time in over a decade.

Last night hurt and I want us to put the hurt on someone else to make up for it.

I can see why you’re saying that but it’s imperative that we finish top 4 and have a decent crack at the CL

FA Cup way down the list so promote Skipp, Sterling etc for Palace

Back
Top Bottom