Paul Gascoigne

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he hadn't played for us, nearly every poster on here would be calling him a sad waster, wife beating, kid tripping wanker.

Was a genius though and those couple of years were amazing, loved him..... so, as others have said, we'll always love and forgive him and of course feel sorry for him, surrounded by morons and 'so called mates', until he really needed them ..... should never ever have sold him. (or Waddle or Hoddle).

THE GAZZA STRIP

I got naked for Gazza and it was the best experience of my life, says stripper who streaked during Middlesbrough game​

• 13:15, 9 May 2022
  • Updated: 15:43, 9 May 2022
A FORMER stripper who chased Paul Gascoigne around the pitch naked while streaking at a football match claims it was the best experience of her life.
Rachel Sadler, now 41, and her best friend Vanessa Richards hit the headlines back on December 6, 1998 after interrupting Middlesbrough’s 2-2 draw with North East rivals Newcastle.
A streaker has recalled the 'best experience' of her life when stripping off for Paul Gascoigne
A streaker has recalled the 'best experience' of her life when stripping off for Paul GascoigneCredit: Mirrorpix
Rachel, pictured in the thong, has recalled her naked night chasing Gazza
Rachel, pictured in the thong, has recalled her naked night chasing GazzaCredit: PA:press Association
Her pal Vanessa gives the then Middlesbrough star an eye full on the Riverside pitch
Her pal Vanessa gives the then Middlesbrough star an eye full on the Riverside pitchCredit: Alamy
Gazza managed to turn his back on the temptation
Gazza managed to turn his back on the temptationCredit: Keith Perry
Wearing nothing but a G-string while her pal had a sexy Santa outfit on, they brought the Premier League clash to a halt as they raced onto the pitch to chase England legend Gazza in an attempt to “cheer him up”.
Recalling the infamous night to Teesside Live, mum of two Rachel, who lives in Stockton-on-Tees, said: “We were so young, 18 or 19. I wanted the limelight, we thought we'd get lots of publicity.
“I was working as a stripper at the time. If I wasn't doing that kind of job, I wouldn't have had the confidence to do it, but I was well up for it.
“Vanessa ran first, I was panicking. I was petrified. I thought 'if I don't go now, I'll never do it'.

“People around us must have thought 'what the hell are these two doing', especially with us coming dressed like that anyway.

“I fell over an advertising board, trying to get on the pitch. All the cameras snapped Vanessa and there were only pictures of my behind, but I've since seen some full frontals of me with my boobs blurred.”

She continued: “Gazza was just running backwards, shaking his hands and laughing, saying 'please don't do this to me'. Vanessa tried to jump on his back. He was stood with his foot on the goalpost laughing as we got taken off.

“It was absolutely freezing, even though we'd knocked a couple of whiskies back before we went in. It was the Middlesbrough-Newcastle derby match and there were 36,000 in the crowd.

“People put their coats around us and took us off the pitch. I'd never been arrested in my life, but I wasn't bothered. The whole experience outweighed it all.

“We ended up being released from the police station, they let us take a blanket with us then we went to South Shields, to a pub I worked in, and had a massive party.”

Rachel and Vanessa, who sadly passed away in her early 20s, found themselves front page news the next day after their antics.

She added: “I don't think we realised the attention it was going to get.

“It was unbelievable, calls from reporters, we ended up going on The Guilty Show, which was a Sky One show with a mock-up courtroom at the time.

“People were ringing up asking for the 'Boro Streakers'. We were told we had a lifetime ban from the Riverside but I've since read it was only a year.”

THE GAZZA STRIP

I got naked for Gazza and it was the best experience of my life, says stripper who streaked during Middlesbrough game​

A FORMER stripper who chased Paul Gascoigne around the pitch naked while streaking at a football match claims it was the best experience of her life.
Rachel Sadler, now 41, and her best friend Vanessa Richards hit the headlines back on December 6, 1998 after interrupting Middlesbrough’s 2-2 draw with North East rivals Newcastle.
A streaker has recalled the 'best experience' of her life when stripping off for Paul Gascoigne'best experience' of her life when stripping off for Paul Gascoigne
A streaker has recalled the 'best experience' of her life when stripping off for Paul GascoigneCredit: Mirrorpix
Rachel, pictured in the thong, has recalled her naked night chasing Gazza
Rachel, pictured in the thong, has recalled her naked night chasing GazzaCredit: PA:press Association
Her pal Vanessa gives the then Middlesbrough star an eye full on the Riverside pitch
Her pal Vanessa gives the then Middlesbrough star an eye full on the Riverside pitchCredit: Alamy
Gazza managed to turn his back on the temptation
Gazza managed to turn his back on the temptationCredit: Keith Perry
Wearing nothing but a G-string while her pal had a sexy Santa outfit on, they brought the Premier League clash to a halt as they raced onto the pitch to chase England legend Gazza in an attempt to “cheer him up”.
Recalling the infamous night to Teesside Live, mum of two Rachel, who lives in Stockton-on-Tees, said: “We were so young, 18 or 19. I wanted the limelight, we thought we'd get lots of publicity.
“I was working as a stripper at the time. If I wasn't doing that kind of job, I wouldn't have had the confidence to do it, but I was well up for it.
“Vanessa ran first, I was panicking. I was petrified. I thought 'if I don't go now, I'll never do it'.

“People around us must have thought 'what the hell are these two doing', especially with us coming dressed like that anyway.

“I fell over an advertising board, trying to get on the pitch. All the cameras snapped Vanessa and there were only pictures of my behind, but I've since seen some full frontals of me with my boobs blurred.”

She continued: “Gazza was just running backwards, shaking his hands and laughing, saying 'please don't do this to me'. Vanessa tried to jump on his back. He was stood with his foot on the goalpost laughing as we got taken off.

“It was absolutely freezing, even though we'd knocked a couple of whiskies back before we went in. It was the Middlesbrough-Newcastle derby match and there were 36,000 in the crowd.

“People put their coats around us and took us off the pitch. I'd never been arrested in my life, but I wasn't bothered. The whole experience outweighed it all.

“We ended up being released from the police station, they let us take a blanket with us then we went to South Shields, to a pub I worked in, and had a massive party.”

Rachel and Vanessa, who sadly passed away in her early 20s, found themselves front page news the next day after their antics.

She added: “I don't think we realised the attention it was going to get.

“It was unbelievable, calls from reporters, we ended up going on The Guilty Show, which was a Sky One show with a mock-up courtroom at the time.

“People were ringing up asking for the 'Boro Streakers'. We were told we had a lifetime ban from the Riverside but I've since read it was only a year.”
Can you imagine the supporters Trust and Windy if the daughters of these two breached WHL and made for Harry!
Different world

Still smile at some of gazza antics... Putting deep heat in Gary linikers jock strap . Sending his mate on a monstrous journey... Tale of my own ish a mate used to take a boat and his family up to lock ??? In Scotland.. one day in the lake side boat hse.. everyone was moaning at some twat dockin to fast or creating waves bashing other boats, everyone shut the fuc up when in bounced gazza with his kids and Mrs... apparently gazza spotted my mates kids togged out in 'proper' boating gear and wanderer over and asked my mate where he bought the gear from.. my mate told him and then my mate asked his eldest if he knew who this was? My mates kid was 7 or 8 ish.. he looked up and in all seriousness and innocence said yes daddy its ALAN SHEARER.... Apparently gazza had a complete sense of humour failure and DID NOT see the funny side of it ...

Sad article in The Times today.

Paul Gascoigne: I’m a sad drunk living in my agent’s spare room​

Former England star says he ‘used to be a happy drunk’ but now has ‘bad days’ if he goes to the pub

Gascoigne said: “I used to be a happy drunk, I ain’t anymore”

Gascoigne said: “I used to be a happy drunk, I ain’t anymore”
HIGH PERFORMANCE APP
Martin Hardy
Tuesday March 05 2024, 8.10pm, The Times

Paul Gascoigne has revealed he is back attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings and is living in the spare room of his agent’s house in Dorset.

The 56-year-old, who was capped 57 times by England, also admitted he has started drinking at the Poole home of Katie Davies, his agent.

Speaking on the High Performance podcast, Gascoigne said he has “bad days” when he turns to alcohol.

“I used to be a happy drunk, I ain’t anymore,” he said. “I’m a sad drunk. I don’t go out and drink, I drink indoors. If I want to make it a bad day, [all I need to do is] go down the pub. If I want it to be a good day, I get my flying rod out and go fishing.

“It’s not the drinking, it’s the afterwards. Looking at my phone after and seeing 30 messages or missed calls, I know I’m in trouble. But I’ve been all right. Last year wasn’t brilliant, was off and on for a couple of months.

ADVERTISEMENT​

“I went to a meeting the other night so that was all right. Just an AA meeting. I went with a friend and that was OK. They’re all right, harmless.”
Gascoigne’s life has been one of turmoil since he burst into Newcastle United’s first team at the age of 18. He moved to Tottenham Hotspur, starred at the Italia ’90 World Cup, agreed a deal with Lazio and wrecked his knee with a horrendous challenge in the 1991 FA Cup final against Nottingham Forest. Since then Gascoigne has battled a series of addictions and looks frail as a consequence.
Gascoigne appeared on ITV’s This Morning last April

Gascoigne appeared on ITV’s This Morning last April
KEN MCKAY/ITV/REX
“People know Paul Gascoigne but Gazza, no one knows, even me sometimes,” he said. “I’ve spent a lot of years being down, when I did my ligaments and then my kneecap, I missed four years of football. I would’ve got 100 caps [for England].
“I try not to get down because the world’s already down enough and when I’m really down, that’s when I pick up a drink to cheer myself up.

“I don’t think I let any managers down, or the players or the fans, you know. If there was anyone I let down, it was myself. But more the drinking side of it, when I finished playing.”

Gascoigne added: “I called Katie [Davies] up in November a few years ago crying my eyes out. What I put myself through and other people — jail and rehab, taking cocaine off toilet seats — and then I’m asked to be ambassador for my country, I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.
Gascoigne met the Prince of Wales in Bournemouth last September as part of William’s anti-homelessness initiative, Homewards

Gascoigne met the Prince of Wales in Bournemouth last September as part of William’s anti-homelessness initiative, Homewards
CHRIS JACKSON/PA

“When I do these venues [speaking engagements], I hardly talk about football, more the crazy stuff I used to get up to. I’ve got to get straight in and get them laughing.
“There’s a few times when I’ve cried on stage. I can be emotionally soft. It doesn’t take long for us to cry sometimes. I keep a lot of stuff in, stuff I should share but get scared of sharing with people. I don’t think I’ll ever grow up, which I don’t mind, you know?”

Very sad article, but thank you very much for uploading.

This man was for me a hero at his active time as a football player.
My respect to him is also today very big.
I want to say thank you for the time on the football field and also to say you are wonderful human and my respekt to you is always there.

I have to say thank you Mister Gascoigne, and you will be allways a hero for me!

You are a very importend for me and - I'm sure - very much other fans!

Baby Hat GIF

Back
Top Bottom