Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
On the other hand I DID want Levy to step back give more control to a DOF-type which he appears to have done. I suppose this is the compromise to that. It does appear like there is a plan of sorts with Paratici appointing someone he trusts and can work with. But again, I dunno. I'm just feeling very meh about the whole thing. Actually I'm exhausted with it all.

As the lone "I like it" vote among the 80+ already cast (LOL!)--this pretty much captures my thinking. This was not a name off the Hitchens list. This feels to me like Paratici bringing in someone he believes in. I've wanted a DOF more than I've cared about a new manager, and now that we (apparently) have a DOF, I'm glad to see him getting the reins in shaping things.

We're stuck in a fucking time warp.

I predict an 8th place finish and a league cup, swiftly followed by his sacking and replacement with a certain land rover driving geezer.

e840a00f69b39c2209bbfb033c0ad26f_w200.webp

Would any of the top 6 clubs in England other than us ever give a look to this guy? Not even the goons
I suppose the argument here is, and there's a little bit of devils advocate here, is that different managers work better or worse under different conditions. We forget these are human beings and it's important they are given the correct tools to do the job they are brought in to do. Oftentimes the overall plan and structure of any organisation, if implemented correctly, is more important than the individuals involved.

There is no question the likes of Guardiola, Klopp, Conte etc could walk into any Club and do a half decent job but without the proper structure and backing in place they are severely limited to what they can do. Poch was never going to win the League with Southampton and certainly not with us without further backing. This why I'm torn as I always felt it was more important to get the structure of the footballing side right first and the manager is effectively 2nd to that. It appears that structure has indeed somewhat changed. So if Paratici wants him then I'm happy for Fonseca to be the next manager provided the proper backing is there and there is a coherent plan. I'm not doing somersaults around the room mind.

We'll see. If it's him, he has my backing.

Would any of the top 6 clubs in England other than us ever give a look to this guy? Not even the goons
They hired Arteta. Chelsea have had Lampard, Avram Grant and di Matteo. United have Solskjaer in charge. Liverpool appointed Roy Hodgson. Levy sucks but this isn't the end of the world.

Journeyman manager that can’t last more than 2 seasons at a club.

what’s the odds on spurs finishing bottom half of the table next year?

The things this club does to a man. Tonight I'm gonna watch a match each of Fonseca's time at Roma, Porto and Shaktar. Will report back. Lord, give me strength.

I hope he can handle pressure because he ain't getting time from the fans. If we get off to a poor start it will be carnage. Part of me hopes for this (only a small part, I can never bring myself to want us to lose when I'm watching a game) because it might smoke Levy and Lewis the fuck out of the club.

Back
Top Bottom