Paulo Gazzaniga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Gazziniga good enough to replace Lloris as 1st choice keeper?

• yes

Votes: 62 42.8%
  • no

Votes: 83 57.2%

• Total voters
it's been told that he has already traveled to Liverpool for medical test. Let's see if its a permanent deal or loan. Would love to see him going and bying a solid defender with the fresh cash. He aint good enough and he isn't going to play this year.

Yeah lets say you get £10m for Gaz, plus potentially the £12.5M from Foyth, and a Sessegnon loan fee, it feels like that should be enough to bridge the reported £10-12m difference with Inter.

So this guy is still with the club, right? I still don’t understand why Joe Hart is the backup ahead of him.

So this guy is still with the club, right? I still don’t understand why Joe Hart is the backup ahead of him.

Because he’s not very good and we didn’t have room for a foreign player as reserve keeper.

Hart is not very good either but people have forgotten how bad Gazza was. The Kung fu kick against Chelsea, letting many shots go through his hands, shite in the air, we are not missing him. We just miss Hugo as we always do.

Nothing to choose between Gazza and Hart in respect of their goalkeeping skills, I wouldn't want either of them near a game against half decent opposition and a game we really want/need to win. However Gazza is prettier and should trump Joe to being No 2.

PS I have changed my vote in the poll at the top of this page. I must have voted 'yes' when I saw Gazza in his swim shorts and Hugo was going through a really bad spell :mourhandlaugh:

Nothing to choose between Gazza and Hart in respect of their goalkeeping skills, I wouldn't want either of them near a game against half decent opposition and a game we really want/need to win. However Gazza is prettier and should trump Joe to being No 2.

PS I have changed my vote in the poll at the top of this page. I must have voted 'yes' when I saw Gazza in his swim shorts and Hugo was going through a really bad spell :mourhandlaugh:
Gazza should send some nudes to Mrs Perryman:mourglasses:

I knew what was coming after the start of the second sentence, " However...."

Consistent as always Mrs P :)

Because we have a full set of overseas trained players in EL squad so Hart as an HG player and back up gk can be fitted into the squad, whereas Gazzaniga cannot be

Maybe Hart being a more vocal person and bigger personality in changing room helps as well.

Neither great gk's though.

Because we have a full set of overseas trained players in EL squad so Hart as an HG player and back up gk can be fitted into the squad, whereas Gazzaniga cannot be

Maybe Hart being a more vocal person and bigger personality in changing room helps as well.

Neither great gk's though.
I guess my response to this would be I'd prefer Gazza to play in PL matches if Lloris got hurt. Therefore, Lloris should just play all the games. There's no point keeping Joe Hart match sharp if he's the 3rd string keeper, which he should be.

I guess my response to this would be I'd prefer Gazza to play in PL matches if Lloris got hurt. Therefore, Lloris should just play all the games. There's no point keeping Joe Hart match sharp if he's the 3rd string keeper, which he should be.

Question for you then is which overseas player would you want to go to create space for him in EL squad (and would the lack of that player cause a hole n the squad/could you find an HG player to replace him easily without any big money requirement ) ? Because that's a similar question the club probably went through to sign Hart as cover in preference to an overseas trained player.

Spurs 17 overseas trained players in EL squad :
Lloris, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon, Davies, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Lucas, Ndombele, Son, Bergwijn, Vinicius, Lamela

The alternative question is which HG player would you prefer to have over Hart ?

Question for you then is which overseas player would you want to go to create space for him in EL squad (and would the lack of that player cause a hole n the squad/could you find an HG player to replace him easily without any big money requirement ) ? Because that's a similar question the club probably went through to sign Hart as cover in preference to an overseas trained player.

Lloris, Aurier, Doherty, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Dier, Reguilon, Davies, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Lo Celso, Lucas, Ndombele, Son, Bergwijn, Vinicius, Lamela

The alternative question is which HG player would you prefer to have over Hart ?

....These lads are really starting to be a pain on this front aren't they.

We have Rodon to fit in come Jan too.

Last night's clamour for Gazzaniga is classic bipolar fan syndrome.... Much like many here spent long stretches bouncing from Trippier/Aurier and Dier/Sanchez/Toby from week to week; overlooking the errors/form that had put them in the doghouse to begin with.

The other guy is 'best'.

....These lads are really starting to be a pain on this front aren't they.

We have Rodon to fit in come Jan too.

Last night's clamour for Gazzaniga is classic bipolar fan syndrome.... Much like many here spent long stretches bouncing from Trippier/Aurier and Dier/Sanchez/Toby from week to week; overlooking the errors/form that had put them in the doghouse to begin with.

The other guy is 'best'.
Gazzaniga was fairly poor for us last year with Lloris out, but I do have faith he'd have stopped one of those goals from going in, if not the first two. The first two goals last night should have been comfortable saves.

I think I'd take Gaz over Hart in a league game based on what we saw last night but it's a position that needs sorting.

Gazzaniga was fairly poor for us last year with Lloris out, but I do have faith he'd have stopped one of those goals from going in, if not the first two. The first two goals last night should have been comfortable saves.

I think I'd take Gaz over Hart in a league game based on what we saw last night but it's a position that needs sorting.

But we've seen Gazz slayed for equally bad errors (just look through this thread)....

Go back a few pages in the Hart thread too.... The vibe was "pleasantly suprised".

I just think peeps are kidding themselves thinking there's a vast/significant difference between them at their worst.

Maybe even look at the old Voorm thread..... Bet there's more cuss than praise in there too.

I thought I made it clear that I’d just play Lloris in the EL.

But we've seen Gazz slayed for equally bad errors (just look through this thread)....

Go back a few pages in the Hart thread too.... The vibe was "pleasantly suprised".

I just think peeps are kidding themselves thinking there's a vast/significant difference between them at their worst.

Maybe even look at the old Voorm thread..... Bet there's more cuss than praise in there too.
It's a game of fine margins though, and I think without doubt, Gazza is marginally better than Hart, which could be the winning and losing of a game.

That "attempt" Hart made to save their second goal last night for example really was horrifically bad.
One just gets the feeling that Hart may be getting picked ahead of Gazza for non footballing reasons, which just stinks if its the case.

It's a game of fine margins though, and I think without doubt, Gazza is marginally better than Hart, which could be the winning and losing of a game.

That "attempt" Hart made to save their second goal last night for example really was horrifically bad.
One just gets the feeling that Hart may be getting picked ahead of Gazza for non footballing reasons, which just stinks if its the case.

Sure, that 2nd goal was bad acid..... So was Gazz's kung-fu madness against the Chavs.

If Jose is picking whom he believes to be the inferior keeper then of course, that's fucked.

Back
Top Bottom