Paying off Referees ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was just about to say; has anyone checked RMs books for similar, ahem, 'expenses'.
Been following on a few podcasts and yes. Other clubs haven't kicked off as they employ "consultants" too but nowhere near this amount. When barca stopped paying this guy he not too subtly threatened to blackmail them.

Spanish football stinks of corruption but barca do seem to go above and beyond in this case.

If it is indeed on the books, then you'd have to assume their thinking was along the lines of "Well, we're just showing the refs gratitude for the hard work, and we expect nothing in return." They may very well not explicitly have asked for "something", that much I actually believe. Still...thinking this would fly, the arrogance of it!!!

If it is indeed on the books, then you'd have to assume their thinking was along the lines of "Well, we're just showing the refs gratitude for the hard work, and we expect nothing in return." They may very well not explicitly have asked for "something", that much I actually believe. Still...thinking this would fly, the arrogance of it!!!
They say its consulting, understanding rules and how certain refs judge the rules... Only thing is no evidence of reports or anything

Real Madrid held a board meeting on Sunday to discuss the issue, outlining their position after having "inspected the serious accusations".

"Real Madrid wishes to express its utmost concern regarding the gravity of the facts and reiterates its confidence in the legal system," said the reigning Spanish champions.

"The club has agreed that, in defence of its legitimate rights, it will appear at the trial when the judge opens it up to the affected parties."

Back
Top Bottom