Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like the way he stood and just watched the second goal happen? Like the way he just plods around the pitch while play goes on round him? His inability to sprint? His constantly looking to dig people out for his mistakes?

Yeah, fucking great ain't he.
Didn't attempt a single tackle yesterday. 99 touches of the ball. £100k a week. Spurs fans getting what they deserve.

ETP1KPiXsAA5UnX.jpg

He’s an extremely limited footballer but if some of the others had his kind of commitment we might not be in such a terrible predicament

He’s an extremely limited footballer but if some of the others had his kind of commitment we might not be in such a terrible predicament
Where the fuck is this commitment? Seriously, I've never heard so much lies made up about a player just because he took the shirt off a truly hated player.

Look at what he did in the 3 goals yesterday and Fred's shot and tell me what he did that a traffic bollard couldn't do.

He didn't look particularly commited yesterday, or when he was jogging back in the first half against Woolwich. He talks a good game and has some tattoos and shouts and points a bit, but I'm not sure the substance of his contribution is equal to the theatrics. I'd prefer he shut the fuck up and run a bit harder, passing the ball a bit better wouldn't go amiss either.

The most commited player yesterday, I thought, was Royal. Nothing special, but he kept going at least.

Good idea, since he contributes little else

Though I can imagine him losing the coin toss and then screaming at and flailing his arms at Reguilon and blaming him
Quite right too, Reggie could not even get into the team yesterday, says it all about our recruitment when Davies can keep him out !Feel sorry for Skipp who spent his whole game looking around to make sure Davies was covered

Irrespective of who the manager is or whether they are getting on or understanding the tactics you as a person for your on self respect should be doing a good job as in any walk of life in this situation the club benefits as they should they pay the wages & pay well you should obligated to do your best everytime your asked to do so not sulk cos your not getting your own way.

Quite right too, Reggie could not even get into the team yesterday, says it all about our recruitment when Davies can keep him out !Feel sorry for Skipp who spent his whole game looking around to make sure Davies was covered
Reggie is fine. Nuno dropping him was a mistake. He was looking to blame someone for our west ham loss. Reggies turnover was bad but we lost because we couldn’t defend a corner, which is not new for us.

Why not just come out and say it? Be a fucking man and say what’s going on rather than half gestures and suggestions. It just makes everything worse. Say nothing or spill the whole can of beans.
I'm not sure it would make the blindest bit of difference mate. Hugo come out and gave a few earnest interviews last season and although as a fan it's satisfying it changes fuck all. We're still getting spanked on a regular basis on our own patch.

Talk is cheap as they say. These post-match assessments, we've seen/heard it all before and it means nothing. We'll be turning out the same half-committed performances until we gut out the majority of this team and start again (with a new manager).

I think he's a good player to have in the squad. Started every PL game for us. Never injured, fit as a fiddle.

But squad player should be his role. Not first-choice, every week. Same as Skipp. We've got 2 guys there playing as a pivot but both should probably be backups to a top pair of CM's.

Never thought PEH would become a target…..The guys role is to do what he basically does, hassle the opposition and force mistakes…….
It’s not his job to begin the counter attack, play slide rule passes or ping 40 yarders to feet, join in the attack as a late runner into the box, and of course score bucket loads of goals to take the pressure of Kane….
The guy is simply a work horse, not Gazza….

Having a headless chicken like Lucas Moura (tho he tries hard), an inconsistent as they come playmaker in Ndombele, players like Lo Celso and Bergwign who’s position we still haven’t worked out yet, a train crash called Winks and two sulking fuckers like Dale and Kane really doesn’t help PEH in any shape or form……

Of all our problems right now PEH isn’t even on the radar…..

Never thought PEH would become a target…..The guys role is to do what he basically does, hassle the opposition and force mistakes…….
It’s not his job to begin the counter attack, play slide rule passes or ping 40 yarders to feet, join in the attack as a late runner into the box, and of course score bucket loads of goals to take the pressure of Kane….
The guy is simply a work horse, not Gazza….

Having a headless chicken like Lucas Moura (tho he tries hard), an inconsistent as they come playmaker in Ndombele, players like Lo Celso and Bergwign who’s position we still haven’t worked out yet, a train crash called Winks and two sulking fuckers like Dale and Kane really doesn’t help PEH in any shape or form……

Of all our problems right now PEH isn’t even on the radar…..
Hassle the opposition? Holy God

Back
Top Bottom