Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lucas Gourna Douath - french central midfielder who plays for Salzburg. Played 60+ games for St Étienne between the ages of 17 and 19. Rejected big clubs (Liverpool, Atletico, Brighton) to go to Salzburg for his development. Made the golden boy shortlist.

The most impressive thing for me is his attitude. In France his teammates called him the journalist because as a 17 year old he would research the opposition and produce scouting reports. He works very hard on and off the pitch. He is also well advised as he’s picking clubs based on development rather than glamour.

I think he’s going to be a top player. Model professional with talent…

Also Mathys Tel, who there were brief rumours about during the Kane negotiations, has scored 2 goals in 21 minutes in the CL this season. Averaging a goal every 56 minutes in the bundesliga too. Can’t be too long before he gets a France call up.

Lucas Gourna Douath - french central midfielder who plays for Salzburg. Played 60+ games for St Étienne between the ages of 17 and 19. Rejected big clubs (Liverpool, Atletico, Brighton) to go to Salzburg for his development. Made the golden boy shortlist.

The most impressive thing for me is his attitude. In France his teammates called him the journalist because as a 17 year old he would research the opposition and produce scouting reports. He works very hard on and off the pitch. He is also well advised as he’s picking clubs based on development rather than glamour.

I think he’s going to be a top player. Model professional with talent…
He's been on the radar for so long that I almost forgot about him. He went quiet for a while though but good to see him "back" again.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSZ5fDzOOWA

An outlier for AngeBall: Luciano Acosta

I'm obsessed.

He's 5'3" (1.60m), Argentinian, has been the best player in MLS this season, and he isn't Messi.

Would be hilarious.

Thiago Almada would probably make more sense for us, though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1aSzy-rRw

Lionel Messi's World Cup-winning team-mate Thiago Almada set to leave MLS in January as Atlanta United star makes 'dream' transfer admission amid Ajax links​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom