Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talented player and I really think we should be all over the next Belgian generation:

Debast: great central defender. Perfect skills on the ball
Doku: if he can stay fit he will become world class
Lakia: holding midfieler, plays very vertical

Also Bakayoko and Godts are intetesting wingers.

Talented player and I really think we should be all over the next Belgian generation:

Debast: great central defender. Perfect skills on the ball
Doku: if he can stay fit he will become world class
Lakia: holding midfieler, plays very vertical

Also Bakayoko and Godts are intetesting wingers.
I doubt that Ajax will want to sell Godts now and it will be better for his development anyway to remain at Ajax.
I wonder though how Debast would do in the EPL. He could turn into a top-class defender. He and van de Ven/Dávid Hancko /Gonçalo Inácio /Piero Hincapié could form a strong CB partnership for the next decade.
Getting Lavia, Vermeeren and Scott (while keeping Skipp, Bentancur & Devine) could be the base of a solid Spurs CM for the next 8-10 years.

Last edited:
Watching the U20 world cup you don't have to be a football expert to see that this lad is going to be a bit special.

485305.jpg

18 years old and available now for less than £1 million according to transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/franco-gonzalez/profil/spieler/928621

He is indeed.

Sorry for the off topic, but I can't hear this name without thinking about it. Passarella's no long hair rule and Redondo missing the world cup because he refused to comply still stands out as the weirdest occurrence in my time following this beautiful game. I'm almost disappointed that Federico doesn't have long hair in honour of his dad.

No offense but Kudus has been mentioned many times since his days at Nordsjælland (2018-2020).
He could turn out to be a huge hit but Ajax will demand top money for him, just as they did when selling Lisandro Martinez & Antony to Man Utd.
You would think so, but didn't get any results when I searched for 'Kudus' in THIS thread. Very talented player who will probably make a (big) move this summer. And yes he will be expensive.

No offense but Kudus has been mentioned many times since his days at Nordsjælland (2018-2020).
He could turn out to be a huge hit but Ajax will demand top money for him, just as they did when selling Lisandro Martinez & Antony to Man Utd.
Don't think it matters if players get mentioned multiple times, sort of the point of the thread to keep an eye on players

This thread is depressing. We should call it players worth keeping an eye on who Spurs won’t be signing.

Because that’s what will happen.
Quite the opposite, I use it to comfort myself when our transfers, for players we absolutely have to sign if we are to have any ambition, fall through. It reminds me that our amateur scouts on this forum are about as good as Tottenham's professional ones.

Though Totti Totti came out of the gate in 2018 pitching heat in the 2nd post:

Bissouma at Brighton if we are sticking to English football.

Don't think it matters if players get mentioned multiple times, sort of the point of the thread to keep an eye on players
It's not big deal at all really - I simply didn't want to give him the idea that it was he who "discovered" him :D
Kudus has been mentioned repeatedly over and over again in the past 3-4 years....so that's why I just mentioned it :cool:

It's not big deal at all really - I simply didn't want to give him the idea that it was he who "discovered" him :D
Kudus has been mentioned repeatedly over and over again in the past 3-4 years....so that's why I just mentioned it :cool:
It's not like I 'discovered' him yesterday as I've seen quite a bit of Ajax over the last couple of years and it doesn't surprise me at all that he has been mentioned before in another thread, but this thread isn't just about posting an obscure 17-year-old (you've only seen a couple of highlights from) who might one day break into a first team, you know.

Last edited:
It's not like I 'discovered' him yesterday as I've seen quite a bit of Ajax over the last couple of years and it doesn't surprise me at all that he has been mentioned before in another thread, but this thread isn't just about posting an obscure 17-year-old (you've only seen a couple of highlights from) who might one day break into a first team, you know.
None of us "discovered" him anyway :cool:

Back
Top Bottom