Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...anyone mentioned Evan Ferguson yet??

I know they were wanking on about him last night on MOTD cos he reminded them of Haaland, but I'd say he has a LOT more Harry Kane about him... and he's still only 18 FFS!!

I know he's signed a long contract with Brighton, but still worth a Cheeky bid next Summer...?

If we don't, someone else DEFINITELY will!!

Zero chance of us doing it. And I do mean zero.

Brighton went on record saying, it will be years before they'll sell him. With the way Brighton operates, at present at least, this translates to that they'll only sell him, when he's reached his peak.

In other words, to sign him now we'd not be paying the price, you usually pay for an 18yo with a very high ceiling; you're paying what Brighton would expect him to be worth in 3-5 years, if he continues developing. We're talking xxx million, not xx million.

Ferguson obviously looks a prospect but I wanna see more what he can do with Ireland when he's surrounded by bang average players. There's definitely a bit of Kane about him though in that he likes to shoot early and is never afraid to shoot even if he misses a chance just before.

Brighton are a selling club but they're loaded and don't let players go for any less than they believe they are worth, and Ferguson will go for 100 million plus if he continues progressing. Considering Haaland's next move is likely to be Real Madrid and he's unlikely to be at City still in another 2 or 3 years, I could see them replacing him with this kid.

I know they were wanking on about him last night on MOTD cos he reminded them of Haaland, but I'd say he has a LOT more Harry Kane about him... and he's still only 18 FFS!!

I know he's signed a long contract with Brighton, but still worth a Cheeky bid next Summer...?

He was mentioned several times last season - before he'd signed a contract extension. That window was the only time and chance for Spurs to have signed him - but it was well known that Conte "only" fancy well-established players and very rarely gave chance to youth, on top of having very rigid ways for players to play.
Unless "something" happens to L & L there is no way Spurs are gona spend £150m++ on Ferguson.

Last edited:
He was mentioned several times last season - before he'd signed a contract extension. That window was only the time and chance for Spurs to have signed him - but it was well known that Conte "only" fancy well-established players and very rarely gave chance to youth on top of having very rigid ways for players to play.
Unless "something" happens to L & L there is no way Spurs are gona spend £150m++ on Ferguson.
What if we threw in Parrott as part of the deal, and hope they don't notice one Irish striker for the other?!!

Talking of which, depending on how Troy develops, the Rep. of Ireland are gonna have a half decent front line for the foreseeable future....

I have never seen Christian McFarland play but the reports about him looks promising. He's 16 but already in the 1st team squad of NY FC. He's a left-footed CB.
Man City, Bayern & Bor. Dortmund are among the clubs wanting to sign him.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/christian-mcfarlane/profil/spieler/936001

What goods a cheeky bid when other clubs will offer serious bids? Already reading both Woolwich and Chelsea will be looking to bid.

Brighton wont sell for less than 100m minimum. We can use the Kane money.

What goods a cheeky bid when other clubs will offer serious bids? Already reading both Woolwich and Chelsea will be looking to bid.

Brighton wont sell for less than 100m minimum. We can use the Kane money.
Well in that case, Levy & Lewis will only have a year enjoy the luxury yacht(s)? they bought with the Kane money!!!

They can cash in next Summer!!!!

Well in that case, Levy & Lewis will only have a year enjoy the luxury yacht(s)? they bought with the Kane money!!!

They can cash in next Summer!!!!
Fucking hell.
Bringing the ENIC obsession into every thread.
If you think that you can buy multiples of Joe Lewis’ yachts for 100m then you know nothing about being super-rich. My guess is 200m if it’s a penny.

Back
Top Bottom