Poch sacked

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My translation obviously won't translate his facial expressions or the subtle nuances that show how unmoved he is.

This happened right after Belgium - Cyprus where he played 90 mins

Reporter: Your situation at Tottenham, you're getting a new trainer right?
Toby: Yeah I just heard about it so... We'll see what will happens (with a smirk on his face)
R: The name of Mourinho is being whispered. You are not that unhappy that Poch isn't there anymore right?
T: (His eyes light up when he hears the name Mourinho and quickly tones it down) No... look... I... That happens in football I think and... Sometimes a trainer goes, sometimes he stays. We achieved good things together I think but it's time for something different in my opinion

Edit: I would like to point out that him answering "no" is quite significant in Dutch, it came across as a genuine answer, not just some word to fill the void

Last edited:
Sorry if this was already posted.

Weā€™re shocked and saddened to hear our Club has sacked Mauricio Pochettino and his coaching staff. During his time at Spurs, Poch gave us many of our best moments as supporters, made Tottenham Hotspur a force to be reckoned with again, and forged a strong link with the fans. We will never forget the joy he brought us.

Of course, results in the league have been disappointing for some time. But many fans thought Poch had earned the right to turn it around in the first sustained period of poor form weā€™ve had during his time at the Club. We now have to look forward and take stock. But there are questions that must be asked of the Board of THFC.

The Clubā€™s statement makes it clear the Board has decided to sack the manager and coaching staff. It is their decision. We question why this decision was taken at the end, rather than the beginning, of the international break. We question whether the timing of the decision leaves the Club with much choice in who takes over.

To take the decision it has, the Board must have a clear plan for what and who comes next. It needs to tell this Clubā€™s supporters what that plan is. And the Board also needs to consider its own role in this. Is the manager solely accountable? How much has the Boardā€™s line on wages and transfers contributed to player unrest and disaffection? How much did it contribute to the situation we now find ourselves in? And will it change to help support a new manager?

Weā€™d like to put on record our thanks to Mauricio Pochettino, Jesus Perez, Toni Jiminez and Miguel D'Agostino for the fantastic football and magical moments they have brought us over the last five years.

THST Board
19 November 2019

My translation obviously won't translate his facial expressions or the subtle nuances that show how unmoved he is.

Toby: Yeah I just heard about it so... We'll see what will happens (with a smirk on his face)
R: The name of Mourinho is being whispered. You are not that unhappy that Poch isn't there anymore right?
T: (His eyes light up when he hears the name Mourinho and quickly tones it down) No look... I... That happens in football I think and... Sometimes a trainer goes, sometimes he stays. We achieved good things together I think but it's time for something different in my opinion

Wow.

One of the first players Poch signed too.

Unreal

Warnocks out of work

Its all some of you short sighted bozo's deserve.

Unless Levy spunks up big time in the transfer market this coming break then Neil/Sam/Alan/Jose are going to struggle.

The one fucking chance we had of building a long term future with a gifted manager and Levy blew it, because he panicked. He really does need to be replaced.

Oh well - at least I saw us in the final of the biggest club competition in the world.

Thank you so much for everything Mauricio - thank you for every bit of pride you gave us back.

tenor.gif

Yes The club spent but not Ā£150m. Ndomble Ā£65m, Sessignon (injured) Ā£30m and Locleso (loan) Ā£15m= Ā£110m. 2 signings really.
Sold Tripps, Vincent, Onoma, Dembele, Nlkoudo, Edwards.

Lo Celso is a loan with option to take Perm and it's been touted a fair old bit that the reason for that is to find a loophole in the sell on clause Betis and PSG had. We also signed Jack Clarke for Ā£10m as well.

If that's true re Toby, he won't be the only one. Actions speak louder than words. Let's be honest, a lot of players have downed tools.

T: (His eyes light up when he hears the name Mourinho and quickly tones it down) No look... I... That happens in football I think and... Sometimes a trainer goes, sometimes he stays. We achieved good things together I think but it's time for something different in my opinion

To be honest, if heā€™s confident enough to say that, he knows that there are others in the dressing room that feel the same way. Maybe he really did lose the players.

But agree, snake. Frankly a whole lot of them can fuck off as well.

Back
Top Bottom