POLL: Who should we get rid of?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vote on who should we get rid of

• Total voters
If we're getting rid of fazio and lamela we're just going to end up with about 6 players. Realistically, lamela and fazio probably aren't going anywhere. And In my opinion, both have done enough to stay. Far more pressing matters.

I agree completely. First, I think Fazio is better than given credit for. I also am a huge Lamela supporter. I guess recent games have changed the majority's opinion, but I had thought that Lamela and Fazio were popular choices for leaving, and that doesn't seem to be true.

People that voted for Capoue to go, why?
I liked his first couple of performances for us, specifically liked his interceptions and then turning that into a quick forward pass setting us on our way. He then got injured and on his return he got played at CB and was shit. I still stuck with him as didn't want to judge him as he was being played out of position. Overall his performances at DM have been mixed, I thought he was brilliant in out home game against QPR, he totally dominated the midfield and orchestrated everything for us from long balls to short balls that kept us ticking over, all great when not put under any pressure. Contrast that to his very next league game against Liverpool and he might as well not have bothered to turn up, he was put under pressure by them and he was a calamity, utterly useless.

Throughout this campaign I have been frustrated by our performances and I have been scratching my head as to why Poch hadn't selected him to play (I think we all do this, play poorly blame the players that played and have them replaced by a player not selected, simple). Well, for me my confidence in Poch was renewed after watching our U21's play at WHL against Liverpool. Capoue was selected and was Captain. He was the WORST player on the park (out of both teams). I promise you I have never seen a worse performance from a singe player in the last 10yrs of watching football. Not a single tackle was made, their players ran past and around him as if he wasn't there. His pass completion was ZERO, not a single pass was completed. Liverpool were playing with a very impressive press, he lost the ball on EVERY occasion they closed him down. All this whilst playing with kids. He was hooked off after about 60 mins.

Conclusion - If he has time on the ball he is good. Close him down and he is shit. He couldn't be more unsuited to the Premiere League than my Granny.

Some on the list I haven't seen enough to form an opinion............... And that, in and of itself, is a reason they should go bye bye.

Last edited:
From the look of things, ManUtd are resigned to losing De Gea and want Bale. Do we have a buy-back clause for Bale? Or should we offer Lloris plus all the 100+ votes and cash for Bale? That's what I'd do but I'm not Levy. As well as all the 100+ votes I don't mind Lamela going and as far as the 1st team squad is concerned, who the hell is Ceballos?

From the look of things, ManUtd are resigned to losing De Gea and want Bale. Do we have a buy-back clause for Bale? Or should we offer Lloris plus all the 100+ votes and cash for Bale? That's what I'd do but I'm not Levy.
More worrying is if they want Lloris surely? Bale is never coming back to us, well, maybe when he is 40.

Let them have Lloris!! Remember, in the Europa League we were 5-0 up. Poch had used his subs. Lloris cost us 1st place in the league by being sent off. Not the only debatable decision he's made. Vorn is more than adequate as a replacement. And by now Bale must have learned that "I want to play champions football is not the be all and end all. When you join a club like RM the only way is down. You're expected to win the league, the champions league, the Copa del Rey and everything else. Don't win anything and you're a failure. Doesn't matter that Ronaldo was equally useless against Juventus. Far better results is when you are a member of a zero-fancied team and together with your team-mates progress in the champions league. After all, that's what sold him to RM in the first place!

Let them have Lloris!! Remember, in the Europa League we were 5-0 up. Poch had used his subs. Lloris cost us 1st place in the league by being sent off. Not the only debatable decision he's made. Vorn is more than adequate as a replacement. And by now Bale must have learned that "I want to play champions football is not the be all and end all. When you join a club like RM the only way is down. You're expected to win the league, the champions league, the Copa del Rey and everything else. Don't win anything and you're a failure. Doesn't matter that Ronaldo was equally useless against Juventus. Far better results is when you are a member of a zero-fancied team and together with your team-mates progress in the champions league. After all, that's what sold him to RM in the first place!

Let's shore up the defense first

Back
Top Bottom