Pre-Season - Colchester v Spurs Wednesday 21 July, 19.45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I remember a few years ago (around 13-14 years) when Spurs beat a few top teams in the pre-season, one of them being Lyon in a pre-season tournament (Lyon were one of the best teams in Europe then)...and Spurs fans were raving about how good Spurs were, etc., etc...
It is JUST a pre-season game, and the "lesser" teams give their all to win while most Spurs players don't give much of a sweat and rather try to avoid injuries. This is a bit like a cup game for Colchester and treated as a friendly warm-up by most Spurs players.
So chill. The real test comes soon enough - with Man City in the opener

Where the fuck is Ndombele? Not fully trained yet? Injured?
I was watching a video today & apparently his 2 previous coaches said that the bloke has no discipline at all in terms of keeping his weight down or fitness . Silly sod

Our RB is pushed really high when we are in possession. Makes me think Doherty will play that role for us at times (or a RB we acquire later this summer). Another option is the Japanese lad from Bologna plays a very reserved RB role and we push Regy very high on the left.

I remember a few years ago (around 13-14 years) when Spurs beat a few top teams in the pre-season, one of them being Lyon in a pre-season tournament (Lyon were one of the best teams in Europe then)...and Spurs fans were raving about how good Spurs were, etc., etc...
It is JUST a pre-season game, and the "lesser" teams give their all to win while most Spurs players don't give much of a sweat and rather try to avoid injuries. This is a bit like a cup game for Colchester and treated as a friendly warm-up by most Spurs players.
So chill. The real test comes soon enough - with Man City in the opener
As the commentator said, you can still see signs of if the coaches' system is settling with the players and what he is saying is getting across in a friendly.

Looking at the bench, with 4 x defenders, 3 x midfielders , 3 x forwards, we could change the entire outfield 10 on 60 minutes again.

In which case our front three would be: Clarke - Parrott - Scarlett

So we may get to see Scarlett playing as a wide forward rather than centrally.

As she was :
16176303652_92beaa2c84_z.jpg
Ellie may

Back
Top Bottom