Pre-Season - Colchester v Spurs Wednesday 21 July, 19.45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we don’t sell one of winks or sissoko or both this summer then the transfer window will have been a failure. Mainly sissoko.
We need to offload both else our season and the whole DoF appointment is a write-off. It would also proved Nuno is a clueless wankstain which I very much would like to believe not

From what I saw in the first half.. there is no reason why we won't win the league. Nailed on!

Interesting that Colc U is actually an Ipswich Town retirement home.

If we don’t sell one of winks or sissoko or both this summer then the transfer window will have been a failure. Mainly sissoko.

I suspect the big problem is Sissoko is 32 in August, has 2 years left on his contract and is on high wages.

The French league is really skint - huge problems with their TV contract which will give clubs less than last season. So number of French clubs willing to buy a player on high wages is really low.

Sadly we may end up having to retain him (although I hope not) but I hope that Nile John and Alfie Devine get some playing time as both might, just might, be good enough to gain enough experience playing at Spurs to not to need a loan, with a view that the need to play Sissoko reduces.

Winks is more saleable - but not replaceable other than by HG players as we would have too many overseas trained players. So the potential to upgrade isn't there this summer, and most likely scenario is 'one of our own' (or even two or three of our own) showing themselves to be better over the next year or two.

I suspect the big problem is Sissoko is 32 in August, has 2 years left on his contract and is on high wages.

The French league is really skint - huge problems with their TV contract which will give clubs less than last season. So number of French clubs willing to buy a player on high wages is really low.

Sadly we may end up having to retain him (although I hope not) but I hope that Nile John and Alfie Devine get some playing time as both might, just might, be good enough to gain enough experience playing at Spurs to not to need a loan, with a view that the need to play Sissoko reduces.

Winks is more saleable - but not replaceable other than by HG players as we would have too many overseas trained players. So the potential to upgrade isn't there this summer, and most likely scenario is 'one of our own' (or even two or three of our own) showing themselves to be better over the next year or two.

We won’t but we should just try and settle up his contract and let him go.

I suspect he will play a lot of games. He looks built for the premier league but let’s hope we don’t burn him out like we did with Holbjerg last season.
I agree, but he managed 45 appearances for Norwich last season which is crazy good for that age. Ever present in winning the league

Perhaps not use him in the cup games we dont care too much about?

Poor lass got a head cold?
the shining smile GIF

Back
Top Bottom