Prediction for 2021/2022 PL final standing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will be placed ....

• 1st- miracle! Kane stays and help us to our first premier league title!

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • 2nd -4th ... champions league! Here we come!

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 5-6th ... Europa league... still a slight improvement

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • 7th... not again!

Votes: 18 10.9%
  • 8-12th... boring season... we are beating the relegation team but losing to the others

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • 12-17th. we survived relegation! What a dogfight till the end!

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Relegation ...Daniel Levey... u asshole!

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
How is 8-12th the highest voted here? Fucking hell Mourinho has done a real number on this club, our own fans don't even rate the players we have anymore. Any manager could get this group to top 6, no problem.
We replaced Mourinho with poor mans Mourinho and look nailed on to lose our best player, striker, captain and talisman. We have a tendency to shoot ourselves in the foot and look to be reloading. Hopefully Nunu miraculously turns into a good progressive coach and we replace a load of our shit players but the signs are bad and players take time to settle. I think people would be far more confident if we’d brought in a good coach and the Kane saga was resolved but that’s not the case unfortunately.

Last edited:
How is 8-12th the highest voted here? Fucking hell Mourinho has done a real number on this club, our own fans don't even rate the players we have anymore. Any manager could get this group to top 6, no problem.
Maybe it’s because we replaced a shit manager with another shit manager but with better personality?

People are doubting Nuno way too much. We have talented players, they just need some confidence and freedom. We all like to shit on Dier and Sanchez but it's clear they have talent under the right manager.

Based on preseason reports it sounds like players are fit, happy and enjoying Nuno. I can see us surprising a lot of people this year. I pick us 5/6 because City, Chelsea, United, LFC and Leicester are going to be very tough but no reason we can't be right up there fighting for top four with them.

And for the last time, stop saying Nuno is a poor man's Jose. It only makes you sound ignorant like you only listen to the media and not actually look into Nunos career outside of last season.

People are doubting Nuno way too much. We have talented players, they just need some confidence and freedom. We all like to shit on Dier and Sanchez but it's clear they have talent under the right manager.

Based on preseason reports it sounds like players are fit, happy and enjoying Nuno. I can see us surprising a lot of people this year. I pick us 5/6 because City, Chelsea, United, LFC and Leicester are going to be very tough but no reason we can't be right up there fighting for top four with them.

And for the last time, stop saying Nuno is a poor man's Jose. It only makes you sound ignorant like you only listen to the media and not actually look into Nunos career outside of last season.
He’s failed in every job he’s had. Portuguese + defensive + no trophies = poor man’s mourinho. You keep hearing it for a reason. Admire your optimism but it’s wildly misplaced and when actually boiled down you’re still saying 6th. Which is shit. If he was a good choice it would be 4th or better. Stop kidding yourself.

He’s failed in every job he’s had. Admire your optimism but it’s wildly misplaced and actually when boiled down you’re still saying 6th. Which is shit. If he’s a good choice it would be 4th.
Sixth is shit in a rebuilding year when we are going against oil clubs? You're the type of guy who can never be satisfied obviously.

Failed at every job? Apparently taking Wolves to the PL and EL is a failure? Taking middle LaLiga side to the CL is a failure?

I get the goal is winning trophies but he's never been at a club that was in a position to actually compete to win trophies since he settled in as a manager.

This is how Levy wins. Suddenly 6th is awesome. Righto
No idea what you're on about? Never said it was awesome, said it was my prediction and it's a step up from last season. I would love top four but realistically looking at the teams around us, we need 2-3 more players.

But you're right, let's just make it all about Levy brainwashing fans.

What a twit you are. 😂

People don't seem to think we have a chance at top 4.. like 5th would be over achieving, and 6th or below is under achieving.
There's no par for us this season apparently when listening to Spurs fans, pundits or whatever.

Really I want to see us hit 70+ points this season, which would probably be enough for top 4.

Seems people think that City, United, Liverpool & Chelsea have guaranteed top 4 places and are in fear of their squads. Bollocks to them.
Reality is, there have been strong top 4 squads in the past but the points required for top 4 has been 66-79 points for the past 13 seasons. For 9 of those 13 seasons, 70 points would be enough for top 4.

It's not like those 4 teams will all be getting 80+ points. I'm not having it when people suggest we aren't even in the top 4 conversation. We drop points tomorrow, people will be talking about a fight for a Europa League spot.
Nonsense. We are better than people like to think and teams worry about playing us more than the other sides populating 5th-10th places.

COYS!

It’s kind of refreshing going into the season with below, or neutral, expectations. I for one am just going to enjoy watching some hopefully good football and would love to see us hit the domestic cups hard this season. Wouldn’t mind being knocked out of the Europa conference league before it even starts. I would be content for a Europa league spot but we’ll see where we are Christmas. I don’t think anyone’s expecting us to do well so we just need to steady the ship and if we’re within spitting distance of CL spots at the end of the season, yeah never know

Waited to vote until squad was settled. Disappointed no new back up striker but Kane staying plus purchases, I think we will do ok once they are settled. Top 4 clubs very strong and I think we will just miss out on that but 5th/6th.
Posters might want to change their votes as many voted before Kane's position resolved.

Back
Top Bottom