Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich are a multibillion pound company, they have the money and the lawyers in place to tie this up and keep it as quiet as they can until they win the title.
Yup, we're already seen it in action. I've never seen a case where a person is accused of rape, everyone knows the name but no one will say it.

It's one thing for the media to be afraid of libel lawsuits but people on social media are doing it too. /r/gunners instabanned anyone mentioning it, I believe the same goes for the woolwich mania forum.

The club and the fanbase as a whole has closed ranks around this rapist.

The team never earning their spot in the top division, and now looking to add - if it comes to it on both counts - winning the title while covering for a rapist as a key player. It'll never wash away!

So in effect a club now playing with a sex predator as their holding midfielder. 3 women now, this is pattern behaviour, this is a an actual predator.

It’s really misogynistic from that club and pretty insulting to women. Imagine if this was a race equivalent, a neo Nazi in the Woolwich midfield beating up black men on his day off but we can’t speak or do anything due to injunctions.

They’ll probably cut their losses in the summer and wash their hands off it.
They will be champions and they wont care, they will be in for an even better player and decent human. God forbid Jude Bellingham.
It's 100% been managed to minimise the disruption to their season I guarantee we would not have been given this kid glove business. Guess we need more former directors of the DPP as fans...😕

Why are the police taking so long. Not fair on the victims or the accused if innocent. Justice should not be so slow.
It's not the police, it's the Crown Prosecution Service *

He has been arrested and interviewed, that's all the powers the police have. You need to be asking the CPS these questions.

* also known as Couldn't Prosecute Satan

So in effect a club now playing with a sex predator as their holding midfielder. 3 women now, this is pattern behaviour, this is a an actual predator.

It’s really misogynistic from that club and pretty insulting to women. Imagine if this was a race equivalent, a neo Nazi in the Woolwich midfield beating up black men on his day off but we can’t speak or do anything due to injunctions.
I just don't understand how Greenwood and Mendy were named and shamed and then either found not guilty or charges were dropped, whatever you might feel about that, yet the situation in Partey's case is so different.

Both of the former two were dropped by their teams, both have had their careers more or less ruined, again, rightly or wrongly. Yet Thomas Partey continues to play week in, week out unless injured.

Back in another life when I worked out of the Old Bailey press room, the justification for not naming a rape suspect was where it could identify the victim, whose right to secrecy is sacrosanct. So you could name all the others, photograph them (my job) but not publish the pics until found guilty. We would sit on the pics, keep them on file, ready to release in case of a guilty verdict. If not guilty, it was the end of the line (well, they were kept on file, my idiot boss believed that absolutely everyone in court was guilty and "they're bound to do it again mate". He was right occasionally, to be fair).

It seemed like a reasonable compromise at the time. Yet Mendy and Greenwood were often seen in the papers and online going to/leaving court, which I didn't really understand. And it sure as hell doesn't explain how Partey has been allowed remain anonymous throughout, when that right isn't extended to anyone else.

Last edited:
I just don't understand how Greenwood and Mendy were named and shamed and then either found not guilty or charges were dropped, whatever you might feel about that, yet the situation in Partey's case are so different.

Both of the former two were dropped by their teams, both have had their careers more or less ruined, again, rightly or wrongly. Yet Thomas Partey continues to play week in, week out unless injured.

Back in another life when I worked out of the Old Bailey press room, the justification for not naming a rape suspect was where it could identify the victim, whose right to secrecy is sacrosanct. So you could name all the others, photograph them (my job) but not publish the pics until found guilty. We would sit on the pics, keep them on file, ready to release in case of a guilty verdict. If not guilty, it was the end of the line (well, they were kept on file, my idiot boss believed that absolutely everyone in court was guilty and "they're bound to do it again mate". He was right occasionally, to be fair).

It seemed like a reasonable compromise at the time. Yet Mendy and Greenwood were often seen in the papers and online going to/leaving court, which I didn't really understand. And it sure as hell doesn't explain how Partey has been allowed remain anonymous throughout, when that right isn't extended to anyone else.

Mendy was charged and Greenwood was named by his Mrs on social media and the evidence was damming, this case is still up in the air because there's been no charge and there's no evidence other than her word.

I just don't understand how Greenwood and Mendy were named and shamed and then either found not guilty or charges were dropped, whatever you might feel about that, yet the situation in Partey's case are so different.

Probably lawyers. The Greenwood one was posted online, I heard the fucking thing sadly, he was as guilty as hell. This country what does 1-2% of rapes prosecuted, if you are a woman and get raped you basically have to accept it in the U.K.

Why are the police taking so long. Not fair on the victims or the accused if innocent. Justice should not be so slow.
This is exactly the problem that Starmer was trying to highlight yesterday whilst getting heckled by the absolute fuckin scumbag clowns that are in govt.
Shameful.
The bar has been set so low on pretty much everything they do, it really doesn't surprise me anymore.

Probably lawyers. The Greenwood one was posted online, I heard the fucking thing sadly, he was as guilty as hell. This country what does 1-2% of rapes prosecuted, if you are a woman and get raped you basically have to accept it in the U.K.

Why is she back with him?

Why are they having a kid together?

Who knows. I know a woman whose boyfriend was a violent man and used to beat her badly, her friends got her away from him but years later they ended up back together. Stockholm syndrome, fear all different elements. Plus in this case her dad seemed to be annoyed the money tap was going to get turned off.

Who knows. I know a woman whose boyfriend was a violent man and used to beat her badly, her friends got her away from him but years later they ended up back together. Stockholm syndrome, fear all different elements. Plus in this case her dad seemed to be annoyed the money tap was going to get turned off.

The whole situation is weird form start to finish.

Going by her father's weird as fuck comments at the time it's safe to say, she hasn't grown up in the best enviroment.

I won't speculate as to whether it's a majority of situations, but it seems to be fairly common to settle for what you feel, you deserve; from past experience especially childhood. Feel being the operative word, of course. She never stood a chance, which is its own level of sad.

Daily Mail covering rape allegation sensibly not accepting comments online however another story about Partey
has got comments including this one
'Probably to also make sure he doesn't r * p. e anymore women although it's probably okay in his country'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...re-key-midfielder-avoids-injury.html#comments

Mendy was charged and Greenwood was named by his Mrs on social media and the evidence was damming, this case is still up in the air because there's been no charge and there's no evidence other than her word.
Greenwood was charged, but the charges were subsequently dropped, presumably because his missus refused to cooperate.

Back
Top Bottom