Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's a thoughtful and reasonable way of seeing it.

But what happens if every Spurs player (or any other team) gets accused by people looking to make some cash?

To be clear I'm not implying that these are false accusations. Just pointing out how it's open to abuse.
The woman has receipts. Her allegations are credible, and there's a second woman as well.

I'm not going to play the "what if" game.

So how does this play out going forward?

Is what she posted on twitter going to have enough impact for Woolwich to reassess if the player can play for the club? He's on bail till October.

he'll likely get widespread abuse at away grounds shining more light on the subject yet commentators will have to ignore it unlike the Zouma cat situation where everything was known and reported.

Arteta speaks a lot about strong character etc. this puts him and them in a very difficult situation.

You'd think gardening leave would be best for the club?

That's a thoughtful and reasonable way of seeing it.

But what happens if every Spurs player (or any other team) gets accused by people looking to make some cash?

To be clear I'm not implying that these are false accusations. Just pointing out how it's open to abuse.

Last point is valid, issue with Partey is in text (unless she edited them which the police could disprove with IT) he admitted raping her, issue with Greenwood is the rape is recorded on audio so it’s far far more than just being accused, clear and quite frankly stark evidence has been presented.

Last point is valid, issue with Partey is in text (unless she edited them which the police could disprove with IT) he admitted raping her, issue with Greenwood is the rape is recorded on audio so it’s far far more than just being accused, clear and quite frankly stark evidence has been presented.
True. I'm not defending probable rapists.

I just think it's open for abuse and the steps to take are not clear cut.

True. I'm not defending probable rapists.

I just think it's open for abuse and the steps to take are not clear cut.
What sort of false claim do you think might be made that people would believe? Can you paint the picture?

Any scenario I can think of would be met in a balanced way.

As a club they have known about this for 10 months. They have continued to play him in numerous games during this period. At the same time they removed the captaincy from Aubameyang and dropped him from the team and paid him to leave for missing training for personal reasons and being late to training.

If it was a player they wanted out of the club then I bet he would be suspended by them or would have already been moved on with this hanging over him.

Looks like Woolwich and the FA knew about this last summer buy fobbed her off with that safeguarding bullshit. Not a good look for either organisation.

I was laughing at the joke against him based on his recent creepy sex pest behaviour on this forum. I thought that was what it was referring to (and still do).
If it’s pissing him off just leave it now mate, no need to keep hammering away at him

In my opinion he’s just showing empathy and there is nothing wrong with that, if everyone on this planet had empathy it would be a much nicer place to live

All I would say with this one is just to wait. According to my source - who is far removed from the case but knows people involved - there is no worry from the player and lawyers.
I see one accusation has been discredited by the Met.

If it’s pissing him off just leave it now mate, no need to keep hammering away at him

In my opinion he’s just showing empathy and there is nothing wrong with that, if everyone on this planet had empathy it would be a much nicer place to live
He's got me on ignore now, like 50% of the site.

I'm not buying the empathy thing. Everyone on this forum thinks rape is a disgusting crime.

He's got me on ignore now, like 50% of the site.

I'm not buying the empathy thing. Everyone on this forum thinks rape is a disgusting crime.
But what is he going to gain from ‘virtue signalling’ or whatever you are calling it. No one knows who he is in the real world, he’s not doing it for likes, he’s clearly emotional about the situation, which is a perfectly fine response to it

Everyone is different

You were laughing at the dark humour of the joke, that had nothing to do with the goat

Don’t worry about it mate. But cheers

That guy has humiliated himself enough today with his outrageous reaction and I’ve done what needed to be done.

He’s been dealt with using the ignore function and it’s a much nicer place (for me) to browse as a result.

All good 👍🏾

Back
Top Bottom