Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine if a friend of Partey released a text message from him saying:

« Let’s burn Chau!! Let’s drown her before we burn her!!! I will fuck her burnt corpse afterwards to make sure she’s dead! »

Would that tend to improve your opinion of Partey or would you think he’s a sick fuck?
That's a false equivalence. Regardless of sending that message I think he's a sick fuck. I've heard people talk about ex's like that in certain situations and it's been fine.

So that's it, no grilling from the media? No reckoning interally about allowing a rapist to keep playing? No pressure from fans?

Partey and Woolwich are gonna get away with it. That's so depressing.

So that's it, no grilling from the media? No reckoning interally about allowing a rapist to keep playing? No pressure from fans?

I think Partey is going to get a proper rough time from fans for the rest of the season. But your right it is unless the police charge on the other counts against him.

They probably don’t have an option, he is technically not charged with anything yet although two rape incidents outstanding.

It needs to be driven by the club, United soon as the rape audio went online suspended Greenwood, Woolwich should have suspended Partey soon as evidence was in the public domaine.

It’s going to be a very uncomfortable situation if Partey is allowed to play Prem games.
Cesspit of a club

Has to be one of those super injunctions in place.

If you didn't use forums or some social media, you wouldn't know anything to be honest.

I'm not getting into the wider legal and ethical debate here, but I very much doubt he will be "getting away with it". There are some pretty switched on people in football these days and word will spread. Once it gets to the stands it could get very messy. Zouma's situation became very uncomfortable at times, this will be much worse I would bet

The other issue is, some folk tend to feel pretty strongly about sexual assault as you can imagine, what if someone reacts to him playing by doing something stupid on the pitch? Woolwich would find themselves in a right old position then

I'm not getting into the wider legal and ethical debate here, but I very much doubt he will be "getting away with it". There are some pretty switched on people in football these days and word will spread. Once it gets to the stands it could get very messy. Zouma's situation became very uncomfortable at times, this will be much worse I would bet
I seriously worry that he'll get less hassle than the cat kicker. The video of the cat kicker was an open and shut case. With this the gooners have been harrassing the girl and still (with a bit of mental gymnastics) can claim he's innocent.

Sorry but I did laugh at this. It's dark humour that isn't even remotely impacting the people involved. People need to relax a bit.
People here really are very sensitive at times. But topic is rape , so i can understand.

It is a bit weird to attack arse over it, we are about to have a friendly in a country that has a very evil ideology. But to the same people that is okay.

the media can't get involved.

He's identity is still technically supposed to be unknown.

People here really are very sensitive at times. But topic is rape , so i can understand.

It is a bit weird to attack arse over it, we are about to have a friendly in a country that has a very evil ideology. But to the same people that is okay.
I wouldnt say a very evil idealogy in my opinion. Its not great but some of it is a matter of survival of their state and nation

I wouldnt say a very evil idealogy in my opinion. Its not great but some of it is a matter of survival of their state and nation
Dont think suvival comes into it when they invade more and more of the other side, bulldoze their houses and make their own digusting settlements instead. Its an evil ideology , plain and simple.

Dont think suvival comes into it when they invade more and more of the other side, bulldoze their houses and make their own digusting settlements instead. Its an evil ideology , plain and simple.
Maybe survival mode comes in when a whole religon and practically every country around them has vowed to wipe them and their religon off the face of the earth. Suicide bombs, rocket attacks.
2 wrongs dont make a right and a lot of what they do isnt right but its somewhat understandable at times

Maybe survival mode comes in when a whole religon and practically every country around them has vowed to wipe them and their religon off the face of the earth. Suicide bombs, rocket attacks.
2 wrongs dont make a right and a lot of what they do isnt right but its somewhat understandable at times
No.

That's a false equivalence. Regardless of sending that message I think he's a sick fuck. I've heard people talk about ex's like that in certain situations and it's been fine.
You might say « it’s fine » but I think if there were texts from Partey saying he wanted to burn her corpse and fuck her charred remains then there would be a lot of shock and anger on here. People would be saying « Partey is fucked up » and there’d be 20 agrees.

So the point is not really about a creating an equivalence. It’s about the way people are coming to conclusions.

It’s indisputable that Heard has more evidence of abuse than what Chau is bringing but at the very least the same ie.
- recordings where she accuses Depp of abuse and he avoids the accusations and says everything will be ok,
- years of messages from therapists or medical professionals detailing the abuse
…just like Chau has posted. If Heard had posted messages in 2016 on Twitter showing these , directly accusing Depp then you would take her side … because the situations would be identical as far as you knew. Right down to Heard breaking an NDA.

(Ironically Heard did far less, just co-writing an article that didn’t even mention Depp).

Why have you not afforded Partey the same grace you afforded Depp? You haven’t even heard from Partey yet.

The reality is that if Partey is ever charged and ends up in court he will employ the same tactics that Depp and other abusers do - Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim and Offender. They’ll say all the accusations are false, they’ll malign Chau’s character - painting her as unstable or a money grabber or an alcoholic… they’ll say that Chau was the one that instigated all sexual contact and that she is lying in messages… they’ll look to get any evidence which looks bad on Partey struck from the record.

And any lawyer worth their salt will do that because it’s so effective.

Basically, I think so many people on here are full of shit. They pick sides when it suits them and go with the flow online… picking whatever side makes them feel most sanctimonious.

Was just pointing out that we cant just say what we do is always good and other clubs do is always bad.
I was very dubious of our signing of Bissouma but the investigation into him has ended and his uncle is going to court.

While Woolwich seem to be more concerned in protecting the accused than the potential victims.

I do not know enough about this case to constructively comment. However talking generally I do not agree with trial by Internet but do believe in Innocent until proved Guilty. The Justice system whether in Spain or UK are responsible for charging and prosecution and should not be relying on Employers to act. Employers do have safeguarding responsibilities but their main job is to protect the business from loss. Now they need to decide if their business will suffer more by the player playing or by him not playing. Guilty or Innocent the player will get a lot of abuse from opposition fans. I expect his fellow players know more about the case than me and could object to him playing. It could be more of a liability if they let him play. We will see. The villain in this case is the justice system for allowing his identity to be discovered by stating the details of the person and taking so long to make a decision on the outstanding accusations.
I hope Woolwich get it wrong and suffer, whatever decision they make.

Back
Top Bottom