Reset the rep?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reset rep counts

• Yes

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Couldn't care less

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
Ramsingh said:
I say keep the Rep as it is, as it lets you know who is a more established member.

Down with the establishment, reset it...besides, there's no way I'm catching them other cunts if you don't.

I care how the forum is run and I'm happy to let the majority decide on things like this.

I didn't want to change the system, I had to. The old one no longer worked with the forum software.

there's no way I'm catching them other cunts if you don't.

That was pretty much the reason behind asking the question. If everyone is happy for the current top 5 to remain as it is, probably forever, then fair enough.

Are we really trying to 'catch up' with people who have more rep? I don't know, don't see the point of this rep thing really, especially if it gets reset whenever some people have loads more than others. The new blue text saying give pos or neg rep below posts looks a bit crap compared to the other ways it has shown.

Is rep really needed on a forum?

I was kidding, I don't really care about rep to be fair. It's only really useful for people that are new to the forum.

Everyone else know's who talks shit and who doesn't. But to be fair, we're pretty lucky on this forum as there aren't any I can recall.

S.L.R said:
Are we really trying to 'catch up' with people who have more rep? I don't know, don't see the point of this rep thing really, especially if it gets reset whenever some people have loads more than others. The new blue text saying give pos or neg rep below posts looks a bit crap compared to the other ways it has shown.

Is rep really needed on a forum?

There is a couldn't care less option.

Clear your cache.

Still don't understand why we'd need to reset it, seems to be working better than the last time... That system snowballed even faster.

On another forum i frequent they have a system whereby instead of a visable rep number, a system of rep bars are used, each one with a description attached...

So for 0-10 rep you'd be described as say Kazayuki Toda, up to say 1000+ being say Jimmy Greaves.

Back
Top Bottom