Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They need to get a bigger bubble machine
135420_1

At the cost of who? Who do you drop or hamper for Soldado?

Dele Alli is the attacker in our current lineup that would be brought on to try and score. It could be his seat that Soldado would take up because poch wont drop Lamela from the bench. Which kid do you want ousted? Prichard? Which attacking option do you want to lose priceless prem experience to Soldado? Keep in mind he could have the same dry run making the kids look worse than they are if they play together.

I expect the manager to pick the match day squad he feels is best for the fixture. If we have 3 strikers that may mean bobby misses out and I wasn't calling for him to always be on the bench. Just that there are many worse players out there to be 3rs striker

Well that is what we were discussing.
In future, take your own advice, start with the thread title first. It is generally a good indication of what people are talking about

You clearly state about just going with Kane and Chadli - I clearly start the post with that part being madness. Now you're just showing you talk bollocks.

Ditching Soldado and Ade with no striker coming in is fucking lunacy - direct enough?

You clearly state about just going with Kane and Chadli - I clearly start the post with that part being madness. Now you're just showing you talk bollocks.

Ditching Soldado and Ade with no striker coming in is fucking lunacy - direct enough?
Do you realize how high pitched your post sounds? Especially posting it with 10 minutes of the game left.
I said I wanted Soldado gone. You hit me with a stat bomb about how many goals our players scored last season, not mentioning how many Soldado had scored.
Soldado needs to be gone, end of

Do you realize how high pitched your post sounds? Especially posting it with 10 minutes of the game left.
I said I wanted Soldado gone. You hit me with a stat bomb about how many goals our players scored last season, not mentioning how many Soldado had scored.
Soldado needs to be gone, end of

High pitched indeed, that's exactly how I feel about anybody thinking we should go with Kane and Chadli alone as our striking options. What the fuck has today's game got to do with it? Kane lasted 90mins and Chadli was in midfield, ok we didn't score today but the issue is they cannot lead the line alone until January. If you think we should risk that then you're an idiot (or you're Levy).

Soldado should go yes but after Ade and if there's no other striker to come in then he should stay - fact is a striker MUST come in so therefore he can go.

Last edited:
High pitched indeed, that's exactly how I feel about anybody thinking we should go with Kane and Chadli alone as our striking options. Why the fuck has today's game got to do with it? Kane lasted 90mins and Chadli was in midfield, ok we didn't score today but the issue is they cannot lead the line alone until January. If you think we should risk that then you're an idiot (or you're Levy).

Soldado should go yes but after Ade and if there's no other striker to come in then he should stay - fact is a striker MUST come in so therefore he can go.

Amen to that... anyone who thinks Kane & Chadli are the answer to our striking problems wants looking at in the head!!

High pitched indeed, that's exactly how I feel about anybody thinking we should go with Kane and Chadli alone as our striking options. Why the fuck has today's game got to do with it? Kane lasted 90mins and Chadli was in midfield, ok we didn't score today but the issue is they cannot lead the line alone until January. If you think we should risk that then you're an idiot (or you're Levy).

Amen to that... anyone who thinks Kane & Chadli are the answer to our striking problems wants looking at in the head!!

Ironic that two guys banding around the adjective 'fucking idiot', think that we should hang on to Soldado as an answer to our goal scoring problems. Anyone but Soldado.

I expect the manager to pick the match day squad he feels is best for the fixture. If we have 3 strikers that may mean bobby misses out and I wasn't calling for him to always be on the bench. Just that there are many worse players out there to be 3rs striker

That's a fence sitting reply. You are going to have to pick an attacker.

Prichard? Alli? There is a trap door under one of these guys. Because they are the understudies for the Erksens Eriks and Chadli's who can get their chance as an attacker.

No fence sitting. Putting Soldado on the bench bumps one of them off as we don't have another striker.

That's a fence sitting reply. You are going to have to pick an attacker.

Prichard? Alli? There is a trap door under one of these guys. Because they are the understudies for the Erksens Eriks and Chadli's who can get their chance as an attacker.

No fence sitting. Putting Soldado on the bench bumps one of them off as we don't have another striker.
It's not fence sitting at all. I'm not the manager. He works with the players every day so whoever is on the bench is whoever he thinks will get the job done.

But if I were picking, I'd keep alli and drop Pritchard as I've seen more of alli this pre season.
However if we buy a new striker then they will be on the bench anyway so it's kind of a redundant argument

It's not fence sitting at all. I'm not the manager. He works with the players every day so whoever is on the bench is whoever he thinks will get the job done.

But if I were picking, I'd keep alli and drop Pritchard as I've seen more of alli this pre season.
However if we buy a new striker then they will be on the bench anyway so it's kind of a redundant argument
Pritchard had a minor ankle injury over the summer and hasn't been able to feature, so it's a moot point.

When he's fit we'll see if he can hold a spot on the bench. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action, he sounds like a real firecracker.

Why post at all of a forum if you are not going to share your opinion on football?

You can answer every question with trust in Poch.

God forbid you admit I have a point that Soldado is a massive risk to their development on and off the pitch, the evidence is what you have seen regarding Lamela, Townsend and Eriksen playing terrible alongside Soldado.

Kane could have had 80 more games if it wasn't for Soldado. Think about it.

Ironic that two guys banding around the adjective 'fucking idiot', think that we should hang on to Soldado as an answer to our goal scoring problems. Anyone but Soldado.

I hope you're not including me in that 'two guys' count are ya?? When did I ever 'bandy' around the adjective "fucking idiot"???

...fucking idiot! Oh, there it is, you're right, I did! :adelol::dier::pochfacepalm::pochbye:

I hope you're not including me in that 'two guys' count are ya?? When did I ever 'bandy' around the adjective "fucking idiot"???

...fucking idiot! Oh, there it is, you're right, I did! :adelol::dier::pochfacepalm::pochbye:

I said Kane and Chadli only was lunacy and anybody thinking otherwise was an idiot. I never said fucking but happy to add it for him if he really thinks otherwise. ;-)

Pritchard had a minor ankle injury over the summer and hasn't been able to feature, so it's a moot point.

When he's fit we'll see if he can hold a spot on the bench. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action, he sounds like a real firecracker.
Scored a couple for the U-21 team today, only played 45 minutes so I guess he's on the road to recovery.

Lamela tweeted something like - Thanks for two years together, good luck with new club.

But since deleted the tweet.

Soldado Gone?

Back
Top Bottom