Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's pretty poor right now by his own standards but we all know what he's capable of. Some players just need more time to get back into the flow after injury a little more than others. Plus his injury was nasty, it's not like he just missed two or three games with a sprained ankle.

Aside from getting back to full physical fitness, maybe he’s still trying to find his feet playing in Ange’s system and with Bissouma and Madders. Seems like a bit of a dilemma for Ange - playing Bentancur and getting him up to speed means sacrificing minutes for Sarr.

Not this season, but maybe next season when we have more matches (Europe, hopefully!) Bentancur will have gotten more into the flow and our depth in midfield will make a massive difference.

He started the game well but by mid way into the first half, he'd lost his way.

The foul was also incredibly stupid. I can understand preferring Bentancur to Sarr against sides who sit back but it wasn't his overall best game.

I think he'll be back on the bench for Villa and Sarr will be back in.

Playing with a broken toe. Might explain the last two performances dropping off slightly.

You just never know. How many of our other players aren’t playing fully fit.
Judging by the the way we’ve been playing recently I’d say at least half the team.

Playing with a broken toe. Might explain the last two performances dropping off slightly.

You just never know. How many of our other players aren’t playing fully fit.
This happens so often in the pro game, almost never fully fit. A broken toe is so painful and will limit training and conditioning too

🚨𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐍! | Rodrigo Bentancur has confirmed that he has been playing for Tottenham Hotspur with a broken little toe in recent weeks:

🗣️"The truth is that now the ankle is fine, luckily the knee has recovered, nothing to speak of other than just one broken toe.”

🗣️"I broke the little toe of the left foot two or three weeks ago, but this one I'm still playing the same.”

🗣️”I broke one of my phalanx and I would have had to stop for three or four weeks so that it could heal but it wasn't possible.”

🗣️"It was before the Crystal Palace match in London in a training session with a team-mate, but it's almost there.”

🗣️”I'm playing with my toe recovering but the truth is that once I warm up I forget it. I did not want to stop, so I'm fine and feeling good 100%."

🚨𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐍! | Rodrigo Bentancur has confirmed that he has been playing for Tottenham Hotspur with a broken little toe in recent weeks:

🗣️"The truth is that now the ankle is fine, luckily the knee has recovered, nothing to speak of other than just one broken toe.”

🗣️"I broke the little toe of the left foot two or three weeks ago, but this one I'm still playing the same.”

🗣️”I broke one of my phalanx and I would have had to stop for three or four weeks so that it could heal but it wasn't possible.”

🗣️"It was before the Crystal Palace match in London in a training session with a team-mate, but it's almost there.”

🗣️”I'm playing with my toe recovering but the truth is that once I warm up I forget it. I did not want to stop, so I'm fine and feeling good 100%."
Properly fucked up season for him.

Makes a lot of sense about his form. Wonder how often players play with broken toes?

Ange:

Rodrigo Bentancur revealed he has been playing with a broken toe for the past month, does it continue to show the warrior he is?

Yeah, broken small toe. He has got nine others.

Rodrigo Bentancur revealed he has been playing with a broken toe for the past month, does it continue to show the warrior he is?

I don't think anyone could question Rodrigo's courage with what he's had to deal with recently.
He didn't want to stop playing, the medical advice was he could keep playing so he has still been training and playing.
He hasn't missed a session as far as I can see and I think it's better now anyway so it's all fine.

I Love You Hearts GIF by Trippyogi

Back
Top Bottom