Rooney vs Bale P.K. incidents

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PhillyHotspur

High for so long fell asleep on the fucking plane
Just wondering what the fine peoples thought about the non-PK call against Caulker on his incident with Rooney

For me -->minimal contact, Rooney flips his two feet back, goes down in a heap and makes no effort to stay on his feet. Thus, no way it is worthy of a P.K.

Which brings me to Bale's incident at the Stadium of Light --> How different was that P.K. incident vs Rooney's at the Lane on Sunday ?

Reading most of the commentary on the Sunderland thread, I saw a majority POVs claiming for a P.K.

Personally, I see a ton of similarities between these two incidents. I'm just wondering what is the actual difference between the two?

Personally i think we got away with one, however at full speed, the way the ball diverts as Caulker plants his foot makes it look like a good challenge from the ref's angle. The lino however should have seen it.

Shit happens, usually to us, so i'll take this one as payment in kind.

Agree with Burko. Just because Rooney might have played up the contact doesn't mean that a foul wasn't committed.

However, United got off light as well. If that one Evra incident were looked at more closely, I think most would be saying right now that that is just as easily a second yellow + penalty.

Oh, and wasn't there that incident when Rafael pulled Dembele back by the collar, just outside of the box? I think he was already on a yellow, too.

edit: nevermind, I think Rafael's yellow came later in the game.

Oh, and wasn't there that incident when Rafael pulled Dembele back by the collar, just outside of the box? I think he was already on a yellow, too.

edit: nevermind, I think Rafael's foul was earlier in the game.

Kagawa's jersey grab was the most obvious one that happened to Dembele right in front of the box.....Clear as day and not called. But there was 2nd which might have involved Rafael

Are we signing Rodney?
:avbpray:

Rooney played for the PK and by rights, it should have been given because there was contact. I think it's the same with Bale's one against Sunderland.
But there were several freekicks not given against ManU. I seem to remember Kagawa pulling on Parker's arm close to the edge of the box as well ... in fact Kagawa seemed to get away with a lot of fouls that game.
:parker:

I counted 4 incidents (excluding the Dempsey chance where no contact was made) where Evra could and should have been yellow carded, only one of which he was (one wasn't spotted by the ref as was off the ball, and one was 1st 5-10 mins so ref didn't want to book him).
Overall, I try my utmost (often failing) to watch spurs with unbiased eyes, but on Sunday we seemed to get so few decisions go our way, and they got away with so much that I reckon Chris Foy should be castrated given he doesn't have the balls to stand up to Fergie. In his defence he didn't make as many major clangers as he did in the Stoke away game last year!!

Rodney's was a pen. Bale dived.
T6LSWen.png

Back
Top Bottom