Ryan Mason - Has he been sacked yet ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

imo the disdain for Mates-on should be up there with any manager we have had.

The man chose his mates over the success of this club. I will never forgive that.
As I said in the previous post I don't see what that opinion has to do with his performance in his press conferences.

It's also becoming increasingly apparent that there's been a fair bit going on behind the scenes that he's also having to navigate, such as Kane, a poorly conditioned team fitness-wise. It's imperative that some players that have had their confidence shattered under the dinosaur are addressed.

Whether you think Rodon should play over Dier is immaterial, maybe Rodon is a bit of a twat like his brother appears to be??? Is Son his mate? Because I think he's been shit and I would have played Bergwjin instead, or is his mate just happens to be Winks? What about PEH, is he his mate? I think he's looked more like a lampost the last 10 games or so and shouldn't be selected or is it just Winks, Winks, Winks and Dier?? I don't think Kane should be selected for the last game, just as Rose and Walker weren't (and what most other managers would do if a player wanted out of their team), but I'm not going to give him stick if he selects him at the weekend because I think he can't win in any event on what he decides to do.

Sure. ..blame the guy in charge for 5 games at end of season and not the narcisstic wanker who plummeted us from top of the league in December and destroyed....literally destroyed...team unity, team spirit and team morale.
As a stand in mason had no chance of doing.anything. blame Jose. Blame levy.
Mourinho is a known cretin and gets the majority of the blame of course.

Mates-on got the gig without any real experience and used it to do favours for his friends. That should never be forgiven or forgoten.

He is one boring cunt. Levy's mouthpiece.

He's made some truly baffling decisions since taking over, chief of which being the use of Winks and Dier with Cuntssoko chucked in for good measure. The freezing out of Rodon, Lucas and Ndombele has also been strange.

Only one more game to suffer through and then we can put this sorry episode behind us.

As I said in the previous post I don't see what that opinion has to do with his performance in his press conferences.

It's also becoming increasingly apparent that there's been a fair bit going on behind the scenes that he's also having to navigate, such as Kane, a poorly conditioned team fitness-wise. It's imperative that some players that have had their confidence shattered under the dinosaur are addressed.

Whether you think Rodon should play over Dier is immaterial, maybe Rodon is a bit of a twat like his brother appears to be??? Is Son his mate? Because I think he's been shit and I would have played Bergwjin instead, or is his mate just happens to be Winks? What about PEH, is he his mate? I think he's looked more like a lampost the last 10 games or so and shouldn't be selected or is it just Winks, Winks, Winks and Dier?? I don't think Kane should be selected for the last game, just as Rose and Walker weren't (and what most other managers would do if a player wanted out of their team), but I'm not going to give him stick if he selects him at the weekend because I think he can't win in any event on what he decides to do.
Lucas was our most in form player yet was discarded for Dele. I was first to say Dele was being treated harshly by Mourinho but Mates-on just dropping an in form player to continuously play him makes no sense.

Everyone with eyes can see Dier is a waste of space. A man that spots the dangers yet chooses to not take control of the situation and leaves it to others (the problem with our team really). Mates-on discards Rodon who was playing well to help his mate with one last push to get into the euro squad.

Winks just randomly in contention again. Suddenly ahead of N'dombele in the pecking order.

The guy has no backbone. Get him out ASAP.

Lucas was our most in form player yet was discarded for Dele. I was first to say Dele was being treated harshly by Mourinho but Mates-on just dropping an in form player to continuously play him makes no sense.

Everyone with eyes can see Dier is a waste of space. A man that spots the dangers yet chooses to not take control of the situation and leaves it to others (the problem with our team really). Mates-on discards Rodon who was playing well to help his mate with one last push to get into the euro squad.

Winks just randomly in contention again. Suddenly ahead of N'dombele in the pecking order.

Great post totally agree. He needs firing for starting winks in the final afte he’d hardly played since DZ gane and rightly so. Then to compound it he brings on sissoko takes of Lucas who was our most effective forward. Drops winks for next game as he was poo in the final but brings him back for must win game v villa. Mason has cost us EL as much as Jose. His had an unbelievably easy set of fixtures against teams in the bottom half with nothing to play for but has contrived to get us lower than goons. Shocking appointment and decision making.

You're blaming the 0 experience caretaker already publicly stripped of any illusion he would be considered for a permanent appointment for playing 3 of our most-likely-to-be-sold players.

Can't see the forest for the trees, eh.

:levystare:

AGAIN, you know nothing of the clusterfuck that has been left in the wake of the dinosaur.

One thing that is apparent for us all to see is that the entire team is alarmingly unfit compared to almost every team we've played this season and we've had the leaked reports about the dinosaur training from numerous sources and now confirmed 100% by Kane in his Sky interview with Nevile that we did NOTHING on fitness!!

So, just armed with this nugget it might be a fair assumption why we haven't seen Ndombele on the pitch that much under Mason, who is trying to get his teams playing higher up the pitch with a bit more energy and some pressing. Perhaps that a player who has a history of conditioning-related issues is not deemed fit enough for what Mason wants, who just like the rest of the team wouldn't have done any fitness training at all this season!?? (I desperately want to see Ndombele on the field, he's the solution to some of the problems we can all see in the games vs Leeds and Villa, ball progression to the forwards).

The player that should have been dropped for Dele is Son, who's been miles off the pace for arguably two maybe three months now. But again there is still logic to not playing Lucas if Mason is trying to have us play with more possession, Lucas is crap when we have possession. He was well suited to Dinoball, running in behind and wide when Kane dropped deep and his work rate off the ball high in our mid-block was better than Kane & Son's combined. But Mason is trying not to have us play Dinoball!!!

Dier has his issues but he's largely played well, it was very, very clear that people don't understand how a team should defend by targeting him vs Villa, even when someone kindly posted a video breakdown of each goal and what caused them and people still can't (won't) see that our more serious issues defensively are what's going on in front of the pitch, rather than just in front of Lloris!!! Mason is almost certainly looking to at least get some stability at the back by not chopping and changing the CB partnership (which has happened all season under the dinosaur, with EVERY CB bombed out of the team) for the remaining games he was left to manage. I guarantee you the same defensive issues will be seen time and again no matter who is played at CB if we do not sort out how we defended higher up the pitch.

"get him out as soon as possible" today is the last game of his appointed 6 games.

Back
Top Bottom