Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What exactly has he done to deserve the level of vitriol he recieves from a lot of quarters other than accept a temporary job that likely no one else would take and move up the coaching ladder at a club he loves and has been at for more than 2 decades?
And just maybe people who know a whole lot more than us see something in him.

This whole "Mason's mates" stuff is insulting, self-loathing rubbish.

It's astonishing how we turn on our own, it really is.

Conte is not going to accept someone being forced into his coaching staff against his will. Mason is there because Conte wants him to be there. He knows the squad, he knows the club and he is a promising young coach who can learn a lot from him. He is not some spy put there by Levy.

England debut March 2015.
First league start for Spurs September 2014.
Subbed off for Swindon after getting injured, yet again January 2014.
Sat on the bench for Lorient, this was as close he came to action on his loan there March 2013.

Today he made his England debut, made the tackle that lead to the goal. Harry Kane is not the only fairytale at Spurs. Ryan Mason, he's one of our own!

image.jpg

Wow!

Ryan Mason was at his lowest ebb, stricken in a hospital bed after emergency surgery to repair a fractured skull, when he received a visit from his former Tottenham manager, Mauricio Pochettino. Immediately, the lights went on. “Hey, gaffer, I was there,” Mason said. “In the right position.”

Mason was at Hull in January 2017 when the accident happened, a sickening clash of heads with Chelsea’s Gary Cahill after he had dropped into the space to make a defensive challenge – just as Pochettino had instructed him over and over again.

On this occasion, the Fates were against Mason. Right position, wrong time. His life had hung in the balance and the damage to his head was so extreme that he would be forced to retire as a player a little over a year later, at 26. Yet what struck Pochettino that day – and not for the first time – was the strength of Mason’s focus, the dedication to his craft. “You go to hospital to visit a guy and you don’t expect to speak about tactics,” Pochettino later told friends.

Our new manager!

Not expecting a single thing from him, odds are we'll lose tonight and many of the games left this season but sorry given the utter dross we've be dished up by the Chav King Dino I'm routing for Mason and our team as if Mason was my best mate, my brother, a Yiddo!!

Very likeable guy, bleeds Spurs through and through, has that passion and desire for the club that so many suck Pochettino off for and just gets it.

However. When the likes of Nagelsmann is free, you take him. Simple as that. If Mason wants to then stay on as youth coach perhaps or work closely with Nagelsmann so be it.

But fans are fickle. A string of bad results and Mason would get crucified. Whereas someone like Nagelsmann I feel would have a bit of leeway coming to a new country, his age and the squad in general.

I hope Mason can go and win us all of our remaining games tbh. He's showing to be a fine young coach and this will do him the world of good.

The interim coaches care about the club and care about the players. They want Tottenham to win because they love Tottenham. In the situation we are in, that's what we need.

Hugo was talking about how the team wasn't together anymore, well lads like Ryan and Michel will bring them together again. Even if it's only short term, the squad has to come together and restore some pride. You'd rather go into battle with your friends than with some horrible old cunt and his annoying underlings, wouldn't you?

No disrespect to Ryan Mason but surely we would have been better off asking somebody like a Harry Redknapp to take the team until the end of the season?

I mean technically we are still playing for 4th and a cup final. Not that I think we are capable of either.

This appointment of somebody with zero managerial experience just strikes me as giving up entirely on the season.

Obviously much bigger issues at the minute with the ESL

Redknapp is an old man who hasn't been on a training pitch for years. He doesn't know any of our players. Let him stay on his sofa where he belongs.

Mason and Powell were already coaching at the club when Mourinho was sacked. They are better suited to move up to the first team.

Full interview. Really impressive, articulate, cool and calm, unfazed, saying all the right words.

I have zero expectation of him for the next 6 games or so, it's already an improvement from having a chav legend dinosaur picking fights and basically being a miserable cunt.

Best of luck Yiddo.

Dodgy subs, but a good start.
What was dodgy about them. Winks played well, involved in the build-up out from the back that got ruled out for offside. Winks is actually better than Ndombele and PEH when he drops between the CB's (loads he can't do that they can but when we are pushed up, in possession on the ball this element he's better).

Lo Celso wasn't having a great game, still looks to be struggling for match fitness, something that Lamela absolutely doesn't lack, always a dynamo when selected. Bergwijn again will keep the press going up top with fresh legs.

In no way whatsoever did the subs have a negative impact on the game.

Last edited:
Anyone on here could have done the same job with those substitutions.

Lucas was one of our only players that could break the press and he gets subbed out. Son useless and stays on.

Sissoko? What a fucking joke.

Done a complete 360 and think Mason is the guy. My reasons

1. He has first hand experience to compare the gulf in difference between the Poch era and the Mourinho/Conte era and whats going wrong. Can address those issues asap.

2. He can then make changes to get us back to that Poch level. Even recently commented on the state of the football since Poch.

3. Has shown that Dier and our defence is an absolute shiteshow and made instant changes by dropping him and stopping this back 3 bollocks

4. If the manager isnt Mason then the new manager that hasnt studied Spurs in depth for the past 6-7 years will straight away just revert back to the same gatekeeper players and Dier worms his way straight back into the starting line up. Another big money manager resolves absolutely nothing as he wont get the big name players and he’ll be forced to play the same shite thats been here for years whilst figuring out which bad bunch he can rely on week in week out. Mason already knows.

5. Already shown more flexibility and common sense. Moving Porro into right wing with emerson at rhe back. Playing rich and kane upfront. Not as dogmatic in his approach

6. Gunna need a complete rebuild and id want someone that understands the club in and out than another manager thats just gunna bring their staff team in try the same dogmatic bullshit football playing square pegs in round holes
Technically, if you make a 360-degree turn you are back at the very same point where you were :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom